• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vaccination time- A litte worried

TickTock

Alpha Buck
So far I've had most of my buns vaccinated except for the last group; Tiggi, Ping, Pepper, Mochi and Sheep.

This vets is in a pet store (I'm sure you all know which I'm talking about) and I only use it for vaccines since my normal vet charges £45 per rabbit. They've been okay and asked a lot of questions so I'm okay with using them for this.

So why am I worried? Sheep.

Sheep is TINY.;last weigh in she weighted just under 1kg. She is the runtiest runt of the litter (and has nethie genetics) and I honestly thought I was going to loose her as a baby. Her fur makes her look bigger than she is. Last time I took her there I got grumbled at for her low weight. Sheep eats as much as everyone else! She loves her hay, pellets and I even give her more treats than everyone (shh.. don't tell the others :lol:)

I just don't know what to do. I'm really not looking forward to being grumbled at again even though I cant do much more than stuff Sheep until she can't eat anymore!

I can't really advise, but am bumping up :wave:

I love the name 'Sheep', by the way :lol::lol::lol:

Took all the buns in and got a totally different vet thank goodness :) Everything was fine until Sheep. Vet was a bit worried about her weight until she checked that Sheep's weight had gone up! Even then tiny Sheep is only 1.05kg

Glad things went ok! I used to get this with Ollie as he was a Polish and only weighed 900g at his fattest. Because of his odd lean looks and titchyness i'd always get the "what do you feed him" speech. I told him VETS as Ollie proceeded to take a chunk out of his arm :D

Glad things went ok! I used to get this with Ollie as he was a Polish and only weighed 900g at his fattest. Because of his odd lean looks and titchyness i'd always get the "what do you feed him" speech. I told him VETS as Ollie proceeded to take a chunk out of his arm :D

That's hilarious :lol: probably not for the poor vet though. Slipper's never bitten the vet (yet!) but I do warn them beforehand it's a possibility.

Back