• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freddie's potty training home(U/D more pics 24/8)

luna

Mama Doe
So it has been two days since Freddie came home and he is settling in very well and is very calm and relaxed. He hasn't taken to the litter box as well as Rosie and Bobby when they came home and is weeing outside the box a few times a day .

I am really hoping he can take to it soon so I can expand his living space and take off the front panel completely from the enclosure. Then he will be able to free range upstairs. Anyway this is his cosy little home for now while I am training him. It is 4ft x 3 ft and I have added a second litter box so fingers crossed he gets the hang of it soon because freedom awaits. Lol :)

3aredana.jpg

vapy3y4e.jpg

u2yduda9.jpg

8age8a8e.jpg

Oh and can I just add that he does get to come out of his enclosure in the morning time and evening but I have to supervise him closely because I don't want him weeing on the carpet :/

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Bless him he's soo cute! Maybe a slightly shorter litter tray would help as he's so small? X

Bless him he's soo cute! Maybe a slightly shorter litter tray would help as he's so small? X

I actually bought those two coz the ones I normally use were much bigger and I thought his were quite small. Lol ! He jumps in and out no problem and is always nomming on his hay. I think that because he spends a lot of time in his litter box ...he deliberately jumps out to do a wee. I think he has got it the wrong way around. He wants to keep the hay clean !!!

Ha ha that's so funny! You can just imagine him thinking in his head, need a wee best get out so I don't get my noms dirty lol maybe a few puppy pads or paper on the floor then when he wees pop them into his litter box?

Ha ha that's so funny! You can just imagine him thinking in his head, need a wee best get out so I don't get my noms dirty lol maybe a few puppy pads or paper on the floor then when he wees pop them into his litter box?

That's a good idea .. Good thinking :) today he has been a very clever boy and got all his wee in either of the two litter boxes !!!

I used kitchen roll to absorb chloes stray wees when she was a little bun. Then I'd put it in her litter tray and she soon got the hang of it :thumb:

I used kitchen roll to absorb chloes stray wees when she was a little bun. Then I'd put it in her litter tray and she soon got the hang of it :thumb:

I use kitchen roll to clean up the mess too and I actually thought about putting it in his litter box yesterday. I will definitely do it next time :)

Have I missed something or have you changed your mind on his name?lol

I was sure he was called Albert and now I'm seeing Freddie!

EDIT: just seen your post on the original thread haha

Hope he gets sorted with his litter training :)

Last edited:
Ugh ... There was wee around the cage this morning :( I really hope he gets it soon if he is to be a house bun.

So far with my experience of buns they usually just get it to start with and when they hit the 3 month mark they might lose some habits and then they improve again with neutering. I had one bunny who like freddie had accidents from the beginning and this never changed . She ended up being completely unsuitable as a house bun so we had to move herself and her partner outside to the Wendy house.

I don't want this to be the case with Freddie because I only want to keep my buns inside :/ I will just have to give it time I guess !!! xx

Last edited:
The girls were useless until they were spayed - he's not neutered yet is he? So hopefully things will improve then. Have you tried moving the tray to where he's having his accidents if it's the same place?

The girls were useless until they were spayed - he's not neutered yet is he? So hopefully things will improve then. Have you tried moving the tray to where he's having his accidents if it's the same place?

He is only 8 weeks so another 6/7wks till neutering. All my other babies got it straight away so I'm just worried he will take after the one bunny who didn't get it and never did :/ I guess I just need to be patient and stop worrying. Are your girls completely litter box trained or do they still have accidents?

Freddie goes in random places. There is no pattern xx

Last edited:
They are outdoors but yes they are completely litter trained, they have one tray that's just litter and one that's hay and litter both in their run as they don't do indoors. We don't have any we accidents just the odd bit of territorial pooping.

They were dreadful before they were spayed though so, so messy.

They even go back to a litter tray to poo when they're free ranging (well Katniss & Prim do, Cinna poos on the other side of the run as close to the litter tray as she can get :roll:)

There's still hope for him yet he's probably still getting used to things hence the accidents and will settle into a regular spot soon.

It took Frosty and Snowflake a couple of weeks to use just their trays. God they were gorgeous as babies (from our local pet shop). No wonder I fell for them...

Snowflake

Frosty

Them together

Terrible quality pics but you get the idea. Hope Freddie takes to his litter tray soon.

They are outdoors but yes they are completely litter trained, they have one tray that's just litter and one that's hay and litter both in their run as they don't do indoors. We don't have any we accidents just the odd bit of territorial pooping.

They were dreadful before they were spayed though so, so messy.

They even go back to a litter tray to poo when they're free ranging (well Katniss & Prim do, Cinna poos on the other side of the run as close to the litter tray as she can get :roll:)

There's still hope for him yet he's probably still getting used to things hence the accidents and will settle into a regular spot soon.

Yeah hopefully it will all settle. I shouldn't be complaining really. He is getting 90% of it in the litter box. Thanks for the reassurance :)

It took Frosty and Snowflake a couple of weeks to use just their trays. God they were gorgeous as babies (from our local pet shop). No wonder I fell for them...

Snowflake

Frosty

Them together

Terrible quality pics but you get the idea. Hope Freddie takes to his litter tray soon.

Wow ..What adorable baby bunnies they were. Thanks for sharing :) How old are they now? xx

A little update for anyone who is interested. Little freddie is toilet trained. Woohoo :) he hasn't done a wee outside his litter box in almost a week. What a clever little boy :)

A little update for anyone who is interested. Little freddie is toilet trained. Woohoo :) he hasn't done a wee outside his litter box in almost a week. What a clever little boy :)

Fab. Well done Freddie!

Back