• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving hutches is it worth it?

andy5898

Warren Scout
rabbit1.jpg

These are my rabbit houses and in the middle one I had Maisie (who passed away last week) and Arran. Arran has gone and found himself a wife and children to move in with him. I am thinking of moving Arran into the end one on the right. Currently Nessa and Alfie live in it who would move into the middle. Just because I think Arran and his family would benefit from not having other buns either side of them, I just wondered what others thought is this necessary or will Arran and his new family be more than pleased just to come home? I don't want Nessa and Alfie upset but equally I want to make sure Arran and his new family are happy.

What would others do?

Ta

It look like you've got solid sides so they can't see each other anyone so to be honest I'd probably leave it so you aren't unsettling the others. Although the pens look the same, I'm sure to a rabbit they smell very different. I don't think they'll be any less aware of the other rabbits to have them to one side instead of one on each.

Nice setup btw!

Excellent thank you, sorted means I won't upset Ness and Alfie. Back to redoing the roof over Arran and his new family's run.

What a gorgeous set up. I agree re; keeping things as they are as much as possible.

Any pics of the insides and of the rabbits would be very welcome!

Back