• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oxbow Timothy Hay - Current Batch

dumblepaws

Mama Doe
Waffles and DP went crazy over oxbow western timothy hay when I first got it for them, and over the 4-5 bags I’ve got them over the past six months since then. But they’re completely ignoring the latest bag.
Pesky varmints.
Anyone else's bunnies go off it sometimes? I thought it was best.hay.in.the.world.ever!

I just assume when they seem to 'go off' things it's just like we would get fed up of things if we ate the same stuff all the time. I try and mix up the hay I get for mine for this reason 😊

Oxbow is a brand that very few stores carry here, so I've never tried their hay, until last month.
I might have been expecting too much, but it was nowhere as green or as nom-nom smelling as the one I've been buying. So, the best hay in the world for me is still the Bunny Nature Allgäu FreshGrass... It might be expensive & over an hour from home, but at least I do not pay to fill my bunny's toilet...:p

The latest bag of Timothy hay that I got from PAH George is completely ignoring. I'm having to hand feed him bits to get him started. It is very poor quality compared to our last bag I must admit....it's got lots of small bits in it and very dusty! My high standard bunny lol just bought him a bag of natures best meadow hay from our local pet shop and he likes that! It says 36% fibre on the side....is that good???

Thanks - ailstar, I think id get bored if I ate that much hay! They normally have 3 types - farm, hay4pets Timothy and rye and oxbow Timothy - but will get a couple of others to give them a break

Lilacbunbun - I will look out for the allgau fresh grass and try them on that :)

Mine used to have Oxbow Timothy hay and Oxbow Orchard grass, but like yours, they went off the Timothy hay :roll:

They still love the orchard grass though .... for now .... I just bought a HUGE box :lol:

Back