PDA

View Full Version : Oxbow Timothy Hay - Current Batch

dumblepaws
13-08-2014, 10:13 AM
Waffles and DP went crazy over oxbow western timothy hay when I first got it for them, and over the 4-5 bags I’ve got them over the past six months since then. But they’re completely ignoring the latest bag.
Pesky varmints.
Anyone else's bunnies go off it sometimes? I thought it was best.hay.in.the.world.ever!

Ailstar
13-08-2014, 10:34 AM
I just assume when they seem to 'go off' things it's just like we would get fed up of things if we ate the same stuff all the time. I try and mix up the hay I get for mine for this reason 😊

LilacBunbun
13-08-2014, 10:51 AM
Oxbow is a brand that very few stores carry here, so I've never tried their hay, until last month.
I might have been expecting too much, but it was nowhere as green or as nom-nom smelling as the one I've been buying. So, the best hay in the world for me is still the Bunny Nature Allgäu FreshGrass... It might be expensive & over an hour from home, but at least I do not pay to fill my bunny's toilet...:p

GabyEmilyB
13-08-2014, 10:58 AM
The latest bag of Timothy hay that I got from PAH George is completely ignoring. I'm having to hand feed him bits to get him started. It is very poor quality compared to our last bag I must admit....it's got lots of small bits in it and very dusty! My high standard bunny lol just bought him a bag of natures best meadow hay from our local pet shop and he likes that! It says 36% fibre on the side....is that good???

dumblepaws
13-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Thanks - ailstar, I think id get bored if I ate that much hay! They normally have 3 types - farm, hay4pets Timothy and rye and oxbow Timothy - but will get a couple of others to give them a break

Lilacbunbun - I will look out for the allgau fresh grass and try them on that :)

Wendy-Jane
13-08-2014, 01:32 PM
Mine used to have Oxbow Timothy hay and Oxbow Orchard grass, but like yours, they went off the Timothy hay :roll:

They still love the orchard grass though .... for now .... I just bought a HUGE box :lol:

dumblepaws
13-08-2014, 02:18 PM
I will try the orchard grass on them - thanks!