• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help identifying this plant? Bonus giant picture

Kavanne

Mama Doe
ybaruzaq.jpg

As you can see George has had a good nom but wondering what it is and if it's safe??

syzugeqy.jpg

I'm afraid that looks very much like ragwort to me and it's very toxic (I believe it is chronic and cumulative rather than acute unless enormous amount eaten in one go) How much did he eat? If it is ragwort, it's really important that the whole plant is destroyed and keep your eye out for any others.

Last edited:
I'm afraid that looks very much like ragwort to me and it's very toxic (I believe it is chronic and cumulative rather than acute unless enormous amount eaten in one go) How much did he eat? If it is ragwort, it's really important that the whole plant is destroyed and keep your eye out for any others.

I thought ragwort as well, I have some that grows in my front garden every few weeks, I have to keep going and murdering it!!! I've dug up all the root I can find but the darn stuff keeps coming back :evil:

Yes, unfortunately I agree :cry: I have some in my lawn, and I keep digging it up. It seems to spring back in different places though ...

It does look very much like Ragwort. Destroy. But don't panic if he has just eaten it once. If he has done it a few times ask vet to run tests to ensure no damage has been done

There is a slim possibility it is a feral brassica type plant. But does look ragworty

Oh George, you are beautiful.

No advice on the plant in afraid, but hoping he'll be ok. :)

Back