• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help! sis wants to rehome her buns-U/D she is keeping them!

ridley

Warren Scout
We are looking after her buns whilst she gets settled into her new home. I've just been to see her as its proper moving in day and she asked me if I want to "keep them a bit longer".: I asked her "don't you want them any more?" She whispered "shhhhhhh...no...don't tell the kids".

I'm shocked!!! I told her we can't afford 4 rabbits so she would have to pay for them, and she said "yeah! Fine!". I was joking, she was serious! I've asked hubs but he said no. Absolutely no. We really don't have the room anyway and I don't want to compromise sky and marshalls space.

Her buns are only about 6 months old and pure bred mini lops. She has always been a rabbit owner and lover so I find this really surprising!!!she has also just bought them a massive new 6ft double hutch for them!!

I don't know whether to try to talk hubs around or try and talk sis around?!

Here are mine and hers

Last edited:
oh no.... Are they a quad or two pairs....? Or are two in the pic yours??

They do look very cute...

Its a huge cost to take on for vet bills etc should something happen...i would speak to her again and find out exactly whats cracking off....

Poor wee mites.... Good on you thoigh for asking hubby, i know what mine would say,,,,

Perhaps you could talk to your sister a bit more once the moving has settled, and see what's behind all this. It sounds as if the kids are still keen to keep them? So where's it coming from and why?

Poor you :cry: Have to say though, it's a story I hear far too often .. "I don't want them any more" .. heart breaking ..

Oh dear, that is a dilemma. What does your heart and your head say? If your sister was paying for their upkeep etc would she cover vets bills etc. if you took on the new bunnies could you fit their hutch into your garden with a separate run? Or you could try bonding them into a quad with your two :shock: Worse case could cause a fall out between either or both pairs though, or if you try them together and then pull the plug at the first sign of aggression it might be ok, or you might end up with a happy quad like me :love: Tulsi also bonded 2 pairs into a quad too :thumb: are both pairs a male & a female spayed and neutered?

I have a male- castrated, and a female, not yet done. Hers aren't done. I feel bonding would never happen even if it was an option. I will talk to her again once she is settled x

I have a male- castrated, and a female, not yet done. Hers aren't done. I feel bonding would never happen even if it was an option. I will talk to her again once she is settled x

How about your sisters, are they male and female? x

Oh sorry, forgot to say! They are two females. Half sisters

Awwwh, they are gorgeous! I've often wondered if I would be able to add two females to my boys to make a quad. But i'm so worried about breaking their bond I don't think I would dare :lol:

Awwwh, they are gorgeous! I've often wondered if I would be able to add two females to my boys to make a quad. But i'm so worried about breaking their bond I don't think I would dare :lol:

Once they were all spayed / neutered then maybe it would be a possibility. But I'm going g to get my sis to keep them for a while and I will see what I can do!

She is keeping them!
I've helped her sort out her space for them and they are very happy and she is happy the buns are happy!!!

She is going to get some grass tomorrow to put down in the new area!

Phew!!!!!

Phew :thumb: looks a great space :thumb: although I recommend she gets a secure run with a lid, and meshes with weldmesh before she puts turf down, to prevent them digging out/anything digging in :thumb:

Phew :thumb: looks a great space :thumb: although I recommend she gets a secure run with a lid, and meshes with weldmesh before she puts turf down, to prevent them digging out/anything digging in :thumb:

Its solid concrete below that little bit of mulsh stuff. All the way around. She is going to get a cover soon. i actually think she is quite excited about it all!:thumb:

Its solid concrete below that little bit of mulsh stuff. All the way around. She is going to get a cover soon. i actually think she is quite excited about it all!:thumb:

That's fab :thumb: I can see the sides are high, I bet it's nice and sheltered :thumb:

Back