• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help and advice needed taking on another bunny

Carolinew5

Warren Scout
Hi i havent been on for a while been so busy .. I have two bunnys who i adore and are happy with each other.. My question is if i take on a another bunny who is looked after but i guess not like i look after (mine she is a lovely little one) will it disrupt my bonded pair by having her around ... i was thinking of keeping them apart across the garden for 6 weeks then bring her closer to them she is a lone bunny as she fought with her partner not sure if it was her or other bun but i am torn i really dont know what to do .. id never forgive my self if mine got ill or turned against each other oh help me people :?

It depends on your buns & if all are spayed/neutered.

I've had some issues with referred aggression with my wildie, so blocked other buns from view using plywood & sacking but they got used to each other eventually & can see each other with no issues now. If Buns are all neutered, it will give them the best chance

Thankyou Angie im thinking of keeping her the other side of garden for about 6 weeks then move her slowly closer i dont think i will bond them as hutches not big enough for 3 and not much funding ... :).. she is a heathly bunny and my two are spay / neturerd dont think she is though ??

I took on a pair of bonded boys for my wee Willow. Their bond was strong but Willows introduction caused them to fight and one of the boys was driven out.

I made the difficult decision to return the boys to the rescue and get a single boy. (Smudge)

Some bonds may work but for me it didnt. dont let my experience put you off as there are loads of trio owners out there who have lovely trios..

It's a tricky one .. however, if you accept she may never be bonded with your pair, but will have a happy life with luxuries and freedoms etc being able to see other bunnies, that would surely be better than she gets now?

In the future you may consider her being a house bun or perhaps adopting a friend for her?

It depends how dire you feel her living conditions are now, I guess ..

... if you did take her on, a priority would be to get her spayed :)

Back