• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Torn skin

Delta

Warren Scout
I am freaking out right now! Last night we bought home a new bun called Lola. She's tiny tiny only about 10 weeks old. She was a wild baby found at about 4 weeks and hand reared.
We already have a female bun called Delta.
Delta was out of her cage and Lola got out and Delta has attacked her badly.
This is the injury baby Lola has got she doesn't even seem fazed but i think it's bad. Does it need vet treatment or will it heal on its own???
10575263_10154513393480096_822907951806671677_o.jpg

Last edited:
It does look a bit sore, I'd be tempted to take her to the vets to be checked over. An open wound could attract flies in this weather. Good luck!

yes she needs to go the vet today.
animal bites are full of bacteria and that is a very large area on such a small animal. also please bear in mind rabbits are prey animals so try their very best to hide pain .

Have got an appointment in an hour
Cant believe ive had her less than 24 hours and shes already hurt. Feel awful especially as she's so tiny!!

It is a big chunk :( Hopefully it is not too deep and will heal up well with antibiotics and treatment.

That looks just like the wound Pepper had after he fell out with Tango, the skin is really thin so just tears. Pepper's is now nearly healed, he had antibiotics. Hope it goes well at the vets 😊

How much loxicom (painkiller) should I give to her. The vet said I should give her some but I didn't ask how much and now he's busy.
She only weighs 0.6 kg

Back