• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heidi's extension & some snuggles!

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Given Heidi a bit more space today, and a few extra toys. I let them out on the grass whilst I was sorting the shed out thinking they'll be fine I can closely supervise... But Heidi decided to hump both Dash and Summer :shock: so I sent everyone back in except Heidi :roll: Wondering if I'm going to have to make this separation thing permanent :( Anyway, here she is in her new space...

I was busy taking pics of Heidi, then I stood up and saw this...

:love:

Looks good, I like the litter tray - is that bought or DIY? Lovely big size!

Looks good, I like the litter tray - is that bought or DIY? Lovely big size!

Thanks :wave: The litter trays are made from the biggest ikea samla box and I cut them down so there's lower sides for access. They used to always wee over the edges so I had to find something with extra high sides :lol:

Looks good, I'm glad you figured out how to give her more space :thumb:

Yeah I couldn't figure out how to do it blocking off the ramp so just had to use this space, but it's about 5x4ft she's got now. I made one panel like a gate that I can open for easier access... Not that she made it easy for me to give her Baytril this morning :roll: Poor things got a bit of infection again :(

Bless her :love: her little extension is still so lovely and at least she can interact through the bars with Skye, summer and dash without the worry of any further injury. I know it's not ideally how you planned it but she still has a big set up, enrichment, toys, and bunny company even if there is a mesh between them she's still very lucky and loved :love:

Bless her :love: her little extension is still so lovely and at least she can interact through the bars with Skye, summer and dash without the worry of any further injury. I know it's not ideally how you planned it but she still has a big set up, enrichment, toys, and bunny company even if there is a mesh between them she's still very lucky and loved :love:

I know, I'm feeling a bit better about things now, it's not ideal but I think it's best for her own safety that she's kept alone, for a good while yet at least. Will see how she gets on but may end up making a more permanent enclosure for her. At least for now tho she seems happier having a bit more space and her own little 'platform' on the table, where I found her sitting this morning :love:

Back