• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Might be going on a bunny rescue!

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
As detailed here in this thread :http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?423538-Can-t-stop-thinking-about-rabbit-on-its-own

My cousins fiancee has a lion head rabbit in the garden in a hutch all on his own etc. etc. Classic ''children's pet'' story. We tried a while back to convince her to let me have him, make him healthy and to try and find him a partner or a better home if I ended up not being able to keep him. The little girl wouldn't give him up. So we had to forget about it, I still think about it a lot.

Today I've gotton a text from my mum saying that she thinks they are going to ask me to have the bunny. They are going to try and ''convince'' their little girl to give him up.

Really, it couldn't have come at a worse time, Milo and Finn are separated at the minute and I need to wait a few weeks before re-bonding, I only have an unsuitable hutch in the garden for the bunny.

I'm sure I could come up with something, it would be good to get him out of there, clip his nails, give him a groom, get him some hay and on proper food. But its going to be difficult.

I may even need to find him another home once he's healthier. I might have to enlist your help guys, hope you'll be there for me. x

:D
When we had Charley thrust upon us we only had a 6x4 run and 2 spare 4ft hutches! She lived in the shed in a 4.5ft hutch and run for a while then after her spay she moved outside to a 4ft double but had time in the 6x4 run and a puppy pen. She was in temporary accommodation for maybe.. 7 months :lol: But I made sure she had plenty of exercise and tbh, it was always better than a carrier filled with straw and iceberg lettuce..!

:D
When we had Charley thrust upon us we only had a 6x4 run and 2 spare 4ft hutches! She lived in the shed in a 4.5ft hutch and run for a while then after her spay she moved outside to a 4ft double but had time in the 6x4 run and a puppy pen. She was in temporary accommodation for maybe.. 7 months :lol: But I made sure she had plenty of exercise and tbh, it was always better than a carrier filled with straw and iceberg lettuce..!

I don't even have that haha, I have one 4ft double hutch in my garden that has been used to store hay once I realized it was nowhere near what my boys needed. I have my enclosure indoors but the boys can't go in that until they are healed and re-bonded. So its going to be a nightmare. But I would love to get him out of there, poor boys probably never been brushed, never given the correct food and kept in the hutch for a long long time. x

Step one. Rescue the rabbit.

Step two. Improve the set up.

Good luck. I really hope you get your two lovlies rebonded. Frosty and Snowflake (brothers) fell out so badly but after being apart for a few months are now happily reunited with two girls (Tessie and Daisy).

I was the same with Tilly piggy, we had to keep her in her horrible hutch for a couple of days until we sorted out better accomodation. At least the bunny will be better cared for when you get him.

Good luck!

Back