• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What can I add?

suzie_indale

Young Bun
Hi guys,

I finally have my lovely rescue bunnies, Libby and Jovi! They've both settled in a treat, although I worry that the run may not have enough toys to stimulate them.

Below are a few pictures of the run (it's 6ft x 4ft), so what else could I add?

P1030167_zps31e15312.jpg

P1030172_zpsce37055a.jpg

P1030169_zps09105c77.jpg

Hi they are gorgeous :wave: the run looks great as it is, I wouldn't add too much so they've still got space to run around and binky! You could swap the toys around every so often to stop them getting bored. A digging box of some kind might go down well :thumb: and something to jump on and hide under, like a small table or chair?
Is the run permanently attached? If not I would def add some kind of shelter :wave:

Thank you!

I'll be getting some children's chairs from Tesco to put in. Would compost be okay to add into a box to dig? The run is attached to the hutch throughout the day, and when it's time to clean them out it isn't. Tarpaulin covers the top on one half, when it's raining like today it's fully covered :D

Thank you!

I'll be getting some children's chairs from Tesco to put in. Would compost be okay to add into a box to dig? The run is attached to the hutch throughout the day, and when it's time to clean them out it isn't. Tarpaulin covers the top on one half, when it's raining like today it's fully covered :D

My dig box is deep so I've used garden soil (with clay content) so they can burrow but I think lots of people use compost for shallow boxes, as long as it's not got any added plant food/fertilizers or anything it will be fine :thumb:

Nothing to add to the great advice you have already had. Just wanted to say what GORGEOUS rabbits x:love:x

Just thought of something. Cardboard boxes (which will need regularly replacing) always go down well with my lot.

Thanks for the tip about compost, I'll be utilising the washing up bowl to use ;)

I'm making a trip to Farmfoods over the weekend to get as many boxes as possible :D

They were both in rescue for about a year the poor sods. Not a clue why they were there so long as they're both the sweetest little things.

Having a 'toy box' and rotating things works really well. They can lose interest quite quick in somethings and that makes them fresh again. As already said, it means there is still room left for running about too :lol:

Looks like they like their hanging basket of hay - if you can get hold of it things like fresh twigs and forage are good activities too.

:thumb:... looks fab..

Another cheap option is a toilet roll with hay and some pellets or treats inside it....

They'll spend ages trying to get the treats out..

Fee x

Back