• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Ludo please

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
My stasis-bun started to go into stasis in the middle of the night. Gave him fibreplex and every possible thing to tempt him to eat and was set to go to our vet this morning. (OOH vets is a long car ride away and wanted to see our own vet as they understand him).

Woke up and he'd eaten and pooed and seems much, much better. He's currently sitting in his hay box eating carrot tops and has had a lot of readigrass and dried herbs too.

'Luckily' he's had stasis a lot so we seem to know the foods that will tempt him, it's just a shame kale isn't in season!

Can I have vibes please for his continued recovery?

I always feel giving them a few hours to recover on their own is a good thing to do. Fiver has done this a few times- acted as if he was in agony, refusing all food, wanting cuddles and basically acting as if he's on death's door. Usually just as I go to ring the OOH vet for an appointment he suddenly sits up, grunts and hops off into the litter tray and starts munching hay. :shock: I do think that sometimes it's gas and I also think knowing your rabbit is soo important to know what to do in a stasis situation.

Sending lots of vibes for the lovely Ludo. :love:

I always feel giving them a few hours to recover on their own is a good thing to do. Fiver has done this a few times- acted as if he was in agony, refusing all food, wanting cuddles and basically acting as if he's on death's door. Usually just as I go to ring the OOH vet for an appointment he suddenly sits up, grunts and hops off into the litter tray and starts munching hay. :shock: I do think that sometimes it's gas and I also think knowing your rabbit is soo important to know what to do in a stasis situation.

Sending lots of vibes for the lovely Ludo. :love:

Thanks everyone :wave:

I'm sure you're right, no-one knows a bunny like their Mummy. He's fast asleep now and has eaten a lot this morning :)

Ah gorgeous ludo. Pleased he's eating again. Do you ever give him infracol. Doughnut has it every day now and i now don't hear any gas noises. Its definitely helped her x

Ah gorgeous ludo. Pleased he's eating again. Do you ever give him infracol. Doughnut has it every day now and i now don't hear any gas noises. Its definitely helped her x

No, I've never tried it, I was a bit worried in case it's too sugary. I'll ask the vet he's due soon for his vaccines :thumb:

He says thank you to everyone for their vibes, they seem to be working. :thumb:

ETA Just read the ingredients and it doesn't contain sugar- silly me :lol::oops:

No I was concerned as Doughnut has it twice a day, so was concerned for her teeth but as it doesn't have sugar in it is it totally harmless, so she can have a lot of it but I just give her 0.7ml twice a day and that keeps the gas at bay. I find it used to work in about 30 minutes when she wasn't getting it regularly. Worth a try anyway. x

Back