• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Brush recommendations please?

Zoobec

Staff member
So, now I have Boots, I have a bunny who I can groom, he loves it :love: he's moulting quite a lot, cue purchase of lint roller yesterday :lol:

Anyhow, I already had a brush that is virtually identical to this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0029EWQFW/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1407665195&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40
Which is good for general grooming and he likes it a lot, but it is useless at getting loose hair out, it doesn't get any out at all :lol: I know he has lots of loose fur because it is coming out when you stroke him. His fur is short, dense, very fluffy, but each hair is very fine. Can anyone recommend a suitable brush please, to save me buying a pile of useless ones :lol:

I have yet to find a brush that works better than simply gently plucking out the lose fur and using damp hands to smooth over the coat. I use a comb too, but brushes all seem pretty useless especially on my Rexes.

if in really bad moult I find often that the flea comb type brushes are best to use, on mabel I have also used the zoom groom, as she has muscle but don't use it on sox as nothing to him, I use the one you linked for general regular grooming to

I have yet to find a brush that works better than simply gently plucking out the lose fur and using damp hands to smooth over the coat. I use a comb too, but brushes all seem pretty useless especially on my Rexes.

I find this to be the most successful method too , although I don't use a comb ... just hands :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Thankyou :wave: looks like I'll be plucking his fur out then, I'm sure if I'm gentle he won't mind :love:

Spenser: I dislike brushes. I hate combs! :evil: I will permit Mummy to comb my mane occasionally, but nowhere else. I have sensitive skin - perhaps it is a REW thing. I have been know to snap at Mummy if she persists in combing beyond what I consider necessary.

Thankyou :wave: looks like I'll be plucking his fur out then, I'm sure if I'm gentle he won't mind :love:

just thought have you tried one of those hand glove mits, that you put on your hand and just wipe over, like the ones for cats, they pick abit of fur off to, and collect more loose fur if you dampen the lindt side slightly

just thought have you tried one of those hand glove mits, that you put on your hand and just wipe over, like the ones for cats, they pick abit of fur off to, and collect more loose fur if you dampen the lindt side slightly

No I've not tried one, I've just been stroking him for about half an hour and a load has come out anyway! I think I've got more fur stuck to me than he has :lol: I bought a lint roller yesterday to get fluff off me so I'll be ok :thumb:

No I've not tried one, I've just been stroking him for about half an hour and a load has come out anyway! I think I've got more fur stuck to me than he has :lol: I bought a lint roller yesterday to get fluff off me so I'll be ok :thumb:

:lol: I got loads off mabel yesterday again, I used the flea comb on her with the thicker side as that just took it off with just gliding through

:lol: I got loads off mabel yesterday again, I used the flea comb on her with the thicker side as that just took it off with just gliding through

Was that one of those metal combs with fine teeth one side and wide ones on the other ?

I am of the opinion that zoom grooms are magic and will work on anything :oops: I use one for all my buns and one is a very fluffy lionhead.

I also use one (a different one, I have 2) on my short haired dog, and it even works better than an undercoat rake on my dad's collie who has the most ridiculously thick coat.... See magic! :lol:

The only thing is they don't collect the fluff, just loosen it so for goodness sake use it outside where clouds of bunny fluff aren't a problem :lol:

I use flea combs and stripping combs for grooming. Also, these are awesome at removing loads of fluff http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00858A3D8?pc_redir=1405062363&robot_redir=1

I missed these replies last night, had an early night :thumb: what sort of flea and stripping combs do you use please?

I am of the opinion that zoom grooms are magic and will work on anything :oops: I use one for all my buns and one is a very fluffy lionhead.

I also use one (a different one, I have 2) on my short haired dog, and it even works better than an undercoat rake on my dad's collie who has the most ridiculously thick coat.... See magic! :lol:

The only thing is they don't collect the fluff, just loosen it so for goodness sake use it outside where clouds of bunny fluff aren't a problem :lol:

Yes I already have fluff everywhere :lol: Sarah1989 came round the other day and she was covered in Boots fluff too :lol: zoom grooms do seem to be good :thumb:

Back