• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Time to get a new home for rabbits, ideas please, chicken coop?

alx008

Warren Scout
Hi, my happy hutch has seen better days and I want to sort new home out before winter.
My vision is a large indoor area such as a shed or a chicken coop maybe with a smallish outdoor area as well, this would be within the fenced area of the garden they already have so they would get plenty of space and I would be able to keep them safe when away. Ideally would at least 2 floors inside as well.
Any ideas of where to buy?

Chicken coops are usually very small in terms of actual inside sheltered space, having had hutch/runs and shed/run I can honestly say a shed wins hands down, bigger in terms of space, you can sit in there with the bunnies, you can add levels etc. a playhouse is a good option. a large hutch and run would be much better than a coop. The hutch man on here, or Daniel, make good sturdy looking hutches. Here is a link to the rwaf recommendations http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/ahutchisnotenough.htm.

My rabbits have always had loads of space - I just want a very safe area for when I am away. When I am here they have a very large area of the garden...
Was looking at something like this but not at the price! http://www.woodenart.org.uk/product...Super-Chicken-Coop-Hen-House-and-Chicken-Run#
Your idea of a playhouse is good, my DIY skills are not great though so want something ready made!

Sorry :oops: I thought you meant one of those tiny chicken coops :oops::lol: that one you've linked is fantastic, but as you say the price is :shock:

That playhouse looks nice but you could get a shed for that price which would give you better height.

Thanks, still looking! my husband has said the shed/playhouse can't be taller than me or the fence!
Also would like a couple of windows...

Last edited:
Back