PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit gate

Kirotea
09-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Because my first floor masionette is wonky (don't ask!) my front room door doesn't close all the way and I can only push it to, although it fits sort of snug, but Millie has now figured out how to open it with her teeth. I do let them out but it has to be supervised as they try to pull the carpet off the stairs otherwise :roll: I can block it when I'm in the room but the door leads out onto my landing and down to my front door so I'm worried if I go to let someone in they can now get out the living room and possibly out the front door into the car park :?

I'm thinking a gate in the doorway would be easier than trying to take the door off and sanding it down hoping it will then close!

Has anyone bought a good rabbit friendly gate to fit in a doorway preferably without making holes etc? Or have you bought a gate and modified it? I had a quick look online but it's difficult to know if something is suitable for rabbits from a picture.

ripminnie
09-08-2014, 06:16 PM
My house is full of baby gates :lol: they work great :wave:

Sky-O
09-08-2014, 06:17 PM
I got a puppy gate. For my bunnies over 2kg, its great, but anyone smaller can fit through the holes so I also use a puppy pen panel too. Works a dream :)

tashp90
09-08-2014, 06:25 PM
I bought a baby gate for 16.99 and a roll of chicken wire for 1 on pound land. Used cable ties to attach the wire to the gate after it had been cut to size.
I then bought another gate off gumtree for 10...always worth a look on there first. The reason I bought the first gate from argos was because I needed the extension for it the fit across the kitchen archway. I can take a picture if you want?

I also have a "puppy gate" across the bedroom, but it doesn't open so has to be stepped over :roll: Marble can also jump over it, it's a fail really :lol:

Jolysium
09-08-2014, 07:51 PM
I've got pressure-fit baby gates in lots of my doorways as my house is wonky and I can adjust them all to fit, think they're Lindam.

tashp90
09-08-2014, 07:54 PM
I've got pressure-fit baby gates in lots of my doorways as my house is wonky and I can adjust them all to fit, think they're Lindam.
These are what I have. They're fab! Easy to move etc.

Jolysium
09-08-2014, 07:58 PM
These are what I have. They're fab! Easy to move etc.

Yes, and as you say frequently popping up on gumtree / ebay for bargain prices :thumb:

luna
10-08-2014, 10:47 AM

I have these too. They are brilliant :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

nonsenseless
07-06-2016, 05:50 AM
I am using the pressure fit baby gates from BabyDan. So far, it has been very useful for me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AVXWNKnqqE

Tamsin
07-06-2016, 02:03 PM
Same here a pressure fit gate - although I had to go for the extra tall version. Most are too wide for bunny heads so you'll need to add some sort of mesh - gardman do a white mesh panel which looks a bit neater than wire if that's a factor for you :)

moi
07-06-2016, 02:46 PM
I got a pressure fitted one off a facebook selling site for a fiver :)