• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit gate

Kirotea

Mama Doe
Because my first floor masionette is wonky (don't ask!) my front room door doesn't close all the way and I can only push it to, although it fits sort of snug, but Millie has now figured out how to open it with her teeth. I do let them out but it has to be supervised as they try to pull the carpet off the stairs otherwise :roll: I can block it when I'm in the room but the door leads out onto my landing and down to my front door so I'm worried if I go to let someone in they can now get out the living room and possibly out the front door into the car park :?

I'm thinking a gate in the doorway would be easier than trying to take the door off and sanding it down hoping it will then close!

Has anyone bought a good rabbit friendly gate to fit in a doorway preferably without making holes etc? Or have you bought a gate and modified it? I had a quick look online but it's difficult to know if something is suitable for rabbits from a picture.

I got a puppy gate. For my bunnies over 2kg, its great, but anyone smaller can fit through the holes so I also use a puppy pen panel too. Works a dream :)

I bought a baby gate for £16.99 and a roll of chicken wire for £1 on pound land. Used cable ties to attach the wire to the gate after it had been cut to size.
I then bought another gate off gumtree for £10...always worth a look on there first. The reason I bought the first gate from argos was because I needed the extension for it the fit across the kitchen archway. I can take a picture if you want?

I also have a "puppy gate" across the bedroom, but it doesn't open so has to be stepped over :roll: Marble can also jump over it, it's a fail really :lol:

I've got pressure-fit baby gates in lots of my doorways as my house is wonky and I can adjust them all to fit, think they're Lindam.

Same here a pressure fit gate - although I had to go for the extra tall version. Most are too wide for bunny heads so you'll need to add some sort of mesh - gardman do a white mesh panel which looks a bit neater than wire if that's a factor for you :)

Back