• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any other rabbits extra hungry recently?

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
Mine have been even more ravenous than usual recently :? they've started pestering me for dinner earlier this week, I've assumed it was because of it getting darker slightly earlier though, but they've been even more pester-y than usual! I'll be sat on the sofa and instead of the odd gentle nudge at dinner time it's violent nudging and warnings with teeth :shock:

On top of this, even when it isn't meal time they've been pestering me for food with nudges, climbing on me, running around my feet :shock: they may just want attention because if I curl up on the floor with them they won't do it for a while after, but these actions are normally their way of saying "food now!!"

They are also extra lively and binkying even more than usual, and sleeping less too! Is there something in the air?! Is there such thing as Summer-fever?!

I just gave them extra herbs which would normally satisfy them and make them settle for a snooze but they inhaled them, ran over to me and both nudged and nipped me :shock:

I've been away from home these past few days but Mum says Alfie has been an absolute monster for food! He races towards you, skids into the door and then circles desperately round your feet until you relent and give him the pellets!:shock:

I've been away from home these past few days but Mum says Alfie has been an absolute monster for food! He races towards you, skids into the door and then circles desperately round your feet until you relent and give him the pellets!:shock:

My two have always been food obsessed, I didn't think they could get much worse, but they have :shock: I went and got my breakfast first the other morning and the anticipation of the extra couple of minutes sent them barmy :lol:

Just laid on the floor for cuddles with Harvey (Lilly was invited but she turned them down!) and thought that would calm him, no, he's just as lively now he's woken from his kisses and cuddles! Someone must've been giving them caffeine.....

Spenser is on a bit of a diet ... so even more food-orientated than usual! It's hard to remember that when he first came to me he was fussy and not food-orientated at all!

My two have always been food obsessed, I didn't think they could get much worse, but they have :shock: I went and got my breakfast first the other morning and the anticipation of the extra couple of minutes sent them barmy :lol:

Just laid on the floor for cuddles with Harvey (Lilly was invited but she turned them down!) and thought that would calm him, no, he's just as lively now he's woken from his kisses and cuddles! Someone must've been giving them caffeine.....

Update: I'm being mobbed with surprising intensity for a single bunny. My trousers are casualties. Heeeeeeelp :shock:

Definitely! Ferg normally gets fed at 6am and 6pm but recently I've been getting up at 4:30 ish to give him breakfast, he nags at 6am and acts like he's never been fed! I wouldn't mind if he didn't have hay and veg everywhere :(
I could cope with the 6am feed but being woken up at 4:30 is a killer

Must be something to do with the weather or changing day lengths then! They're persistent little :censored: my two are!

I'm wearing a dress so no torn trousers, although I am worried for my skin in case they decide to get rougher :shock:

There's been extra humping too! Lilly has taken it upon herself that if I am kissing or cuddling Harvey, she must hump him simultaneously to remind him that he belongs to her and not to me :lol: it's quite enjoying because I'll be kissing Harvey and all of a sudden I get Lilly's nose bashing my face as she does her thing :roll:

Are we close to a full moon? Kizzy's been up to all sorts in the last two day and for some reason she's always more manic around the full moon.

5am this morning! Racing around and shaking the bars of the puppy pen! Then
When he heard the food go on the floor, he was running around in circles haha! He's not so pesty in the evenings but definitely the mornings lol

I must have some strange rabbits...They're not pestering me in the morning. Marble usually starts making noise to wake me up, or the little ones start throwing things around. Last few days they haven't been bothered until I've actually woken up!
They pester me in the evenings for veggies though - that's nothing new mind.

My two's morning routine is to run towards me when I walk into the living room and bow down waiting for kisses and nose rubs :love: lots of purring and contentment for a few minutes, then I stop and say "breakfast time: and get up off the floor, then there are binkies and running in circles and chasing :roll: I go prepare breakfast in the kitchen and come through to more binkies and chasing then they stand on their back legs waiting for my to get near enough that they can grab the food bowls from my hands :roll:

They've always been like that in the morning! In the evening always at 9pm they'd come ask for dinner but politely! Then at bed time they might pester for their herbs/veg. But recently it's every point of the day, I can't go into the kitchen without them getting all excited! OH and I have both been nipped on the toes now by rabbits trying to ask for food! They start pestering at about 8pm now, they have their dinner and they continue pestering, have their herbs and just keep pestering and I can only assume they want food as they have hay and water and room to play!

tashp90 you do have some strange one :lol: when I take my two away and they stay in my bedroom they are jumping on me as soon as they decide it's breakfast time :roll: maybe yours are just very chilled out bunnies :p my two are currently chilled, they've had brekky and flopped out next to their food bowls, probably in the hope that I'll come refill them :lol:

My two's morning routine is to run towards me when I walk into the living room and bow down waiting for kisses and nose rubs :love: lots of purring and contentment for a few minutes, then I stop and say "breakfast time: and get up off the floor, then there are binkies and running in circles and chasing :roll: I go prepare breakfast in the kitchen and come through to more binkies and chasing then they stand on their back legs waiting for my to get near enough that they can grab the food bowls from my hands :roll:

They've always been like that in the morning! In the evening always at 9pm they'd come ask for dinner but politely! Then at bed time they might pester for their herbs/veg. But recently it's every point of the day, I can't go into the kitchen without them getting all excited! OH and I have both been nipped on the toes now by rabbits trying to ask for food! They start pestering at about 8pm now, they have their dinner and they continue pestering, have their herbs and just keep pestering and I can only assume they want food as they have hay and water and room to play!

tashp90 you do have some strange one :lol: when I take my two away and they stay in my bedroom they are jumping on me as soon as they decide it's breakfast time :roll: maybe yours are just very chilled out bunnies :p my two are currently chilled, they've had brekky and flopped out next to their food bowls, probably in the hope that I'll come refill them :lol:
It does sound like I have weird ones :lol: they pester me for food but no more than usual! The only changes in mine is that they aren't disturbing me in the mornings, and Daisy is pestering for food which she hasn't really done before.

Generally speaking, rabbits need more protein when they moult, so, given its time for a moult (and making a presumption that is what yours are doing), generally they will know they need more food to grow their new fur and shed it all out. I tend to increase the food mine have when they moult to make it easier on their poor little bodies. Those bunnies who are growing, or who have long fur, will find it even harder.

Generally speaking, rabbits need more protein when they moult, so, given its time for a moult (and making a presumption that is what yours are doing), generally they will know they need more food to grow their new fur and shed it all out. I tend to increase the food mine have when they moult to make it easier on their poor little bodies.
Ooo this is handy to know :thumb:

Generally speaking, rabbits need more protein when they moult, so, given its time for a moult (and making a presumption that is what yours are doing), generally they will know they need more food to grow their new fur and shed it all out. I tend to increase the food mine have when they moult to make it easier on their poor little bodies. Those bunnies who are growing, or who have long fur, will find it even harder.

Lilly is going through a fresh moult I discovered last night when stroking her :lol: Harvey is just coming to the end of one, so could be why they've been ravenous!

They started pestering me again just now so I laid on the floor to play with them to see if that was what they wanted, Harvey sprinted over for cuddles and kisses, I offered Lilly nose rubs too (she never asks for them like Harvey, so I have to "ask" her if she wants them) and she accepted and laid down next to me, both of them purring away, when I stopped Harvey moved closer to my face and head butted me in an effort to make me keep up with the kisses. Maybe they need extra love when moulting too :lol: Harvey looked quite devastated when I got up and followed me to the sofa, extra greedy and extra cuddly right now!

Just curious.....what age are they suppose to begin moulting?George has got a very thick coat and I constantly check he's not too hot!

Just curious.....what age are they suppose to begin moulting?George has got a very thick coat and I constantly check he's not too hot!

Rabbits will moult out their baby coat around 8-12 weeks, depending on breed, development, healtth, etc, and then generally they are supposed to moult four times a year, with two of those being major moults, however, when the weather is out of control, it sends their moulting out of control and they can end up having more regular moults (I have some who seem to be constantly moulting) or they may appear to never moult. Health, stress levels, where they live, lifetsyle, etc, can all affect moult patterns.

How old is George?

Rabbits will moult out their baby coat around 8-12 weeks, depending on breed, development, healtth, etc, and then generally they are supposed to moult four times a year, with two of those being major moults, however, when the weather is out of control, it sends their moulting out of control and they can end up having more regular moults (I have some who seem to be constantly moulting) or they may appear to never moult. Health, stress levels, where they live, lifetsyle, etc, can all affect moult patterns.

How old is George?

Just to add, indoor rabbits have their own moulting rules I'm finding! :lol: but they still do moult and regularly, mine didn't develop their thick winter coats to the extent they would outside over last Winter so their moulting times and quantities were different, their major moult this year happened in Spring, this one is definitely a minor one in comparison!

How old is George?

He's 10 weeks. I'm trying to brush him daily (when he permits me) but not a lot is coming out!

Back