• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Towels

Due to the rain, i feel like my rabbits may get cold, is it okay to put old towels in their hutches? If they chew them it wont hurt them or anything will it?

Are you in the UK? Your rabbits should have no problem with the rain, particularly in summer. Rabbit's coats have guard hairs on the outside that act like a raincoat and protect the fluffy undercoat. If you stick your fingers in their fur when they look a bit soggy you'll find the skin is perfectly dry :)

They will most likely wee on them as opposed to sitting on them and they won't feel cold just because it is raining.

I used to give mine them in the winter to snuggle in but he just weed on them constantly, they should be able to cope with a little bit of rain :)

My Jazz has a blanket, he sulks if he doesn't have it or if I put it down creased :shock: he straightens it out before laying down. Tried the girls with a blanket & they both peed on it :roll:

As long as they have somewhere dry to go they should be fine

My Jazz has a blanket, he sulks if he doesn't have it or if I put it down creased :shock: he straightens it out before laying down. Tried the girls with a blanket & they both peed on it :roll:

As long as they have somewhere dry to go they should be fine

:lol: matt always did this. :love:

Mycroft and Molly now have a blanket, and it is very popular!

Mycroft tells me that I am no longer allowed to touch it (even to straighten it out) because it is his property. :lol: They both like to lie on it, with blissful expressions on their faces.

They had blankets when they were babies too, and have never once used them as toilets. I guess it depends on the bunny.

Mine suddenly started chewing towels having left them alone for ages and I was a bit concerned as rabbits cant be sick.

What about cardboard or newspaper?

Back