• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will attaching a run cause damp on the shed?

tigerlilyb84

Young Bun
Hi all,

I've got a new outdoor setup consisting of a 6x6 shed with an 8x4 run. I want to securely fix the run to the shed, but I'm worried about water getting trapped in between the run and causing damp on the shed. I'm considering sealing the edges, putting up guttering and using tarpaulin. Can anyone advise?

Lots of members have this type of set up but don't seem to have a problem with damp. Have you looked through the Housing Section, there are lots of examples there. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Have you treated the shed before attaching the run? I think as long as the wood is treated, you should be fine. We've had our run attached to the shed for about 2 years now and just treat all the wood once a year, and it's fine. On our new shed/run (we've moved) we are going to do the same again.

Back