• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Wikipedia page

Hmm

"Rabbits are social animals. Rabbits as pets can find their companionship with a variety of creatures, including humans, other rabbits, birds, chinchillas, guinea pigs, and sometimes even cats and dogs (however they require supervision when with dogs and cats, as they might be preyed upon or attacked by these animals). "

If someone wants to reword that I'll add the edit in as I have done edits on Wikipedia before. (I drew up that whole List of rabbit breeds table)

Hmm

"Rabbits are social animals. Rabbits as pets can find their companionship with a variety of creatures, including humans, other rabbits, birds, chinchillas, guinea pigs, and sometimes even cats and dogs (however they require supervision when with dogs and cats, as they might be preyed upon or attacked by these animals). "

If someone wants to reword that I'll add the edit in as I have done edits on Wikipedia before. (I drew up that whole List of rabbit breeds table)

What about?

''Rabbits are social animals and should be kept with one of their own kind, they live in large groups in the wild. It used to be believed that rabbits could find companionship with guinea pigs however it is now known that rabbits and guinea pigs have very different social and nutritional needs. Rabbits can be taught to accept dogs, cats and other animals however great care is to be taken around predators such as cats and dogs, who may see the rabbit as prey.''

???

Better! Have tweaked a little. Thoughts? Have whacked in a reference as Wikipedia need EVERYTHING referenced or they have a paddy.

''Rabbits are social animals and should be kept with at least one of their own kind, they live in large groups in the wild. To keep a pair or group they must all be spayed and neutered and bonded together carefully. It was once believed that rabbits could find companionship with guinea pigs, however, it is now known that rabbits and guinea pigs have very different social and nutritional needs and should be kept separately.<ref>[http://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/pets/rabbits/company/rabbitsandguineapigs RSPCA] advice on keeping rabbits and guinea pigs</ref> Rabbits can learn to accept dogs, cats and other animals, however, great care is to be taken around predators such as cats and dogs, who may see the rabbit as prey."

As it's a protected article, I have put a suggested edit on the talk page. Suspect a reply in..ooo..2-3 months? :roll:

Better! Have tweaked a little. Thoughts? Have whacked in a reference as Wikipedia need EVERYTHING referenced or they have a paddy.

''Rabbits are social animals and should be kept with at least one of their own kind, they live in large groups in the wild. To keep a pair or group they must all be spayed and neutered and bonded together carefully. It was once believed that rabbits could find companionship with guinea pigs, however, it is now known that rabbits and guinea pigs have very different social and nutritional needs and should be kept separately.<ref>[http://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/pets/rabbits/company/rabbitsandguineapigs RSPCA] advice on keeping rabbits and guinea pigs</ref> Rabbits can learn to accept dogs, cats and other animals, however, great care is to be taken around predators such as cats and dogs, who may see the rabbit as prey."

This is better :thumb:

To be fair, it doesn't say to KEEP them with any of those animals, just that they can get along with them. And if you think they can be kept together, you should be doing much more research than just Wikipedia.

The part about they "must" be neutered/spayed probably won't be allowed. Wikipedia is a source of information. neutering/spaying is optional for animal owners, there is no legal requirement for it to be done, so I doubt it can be published on a page such as wiki :/

At least it does have some good stuff in there, like the fact they are not suitable pets for kids. Maybe re the neutering you could put something like 'it is advisable to neuter your pet rabbits to ensure they have a healthy and happy life'

They spaying/neutering is a must in the context of the bonding. So far they've only flagged that there was a typo in the link I posted up.

Back