• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Julie update for Zoobec and anyone else who has been wondering how she is doing.

bunnytoes

Warren Veteran
Julie is doing quite good now but had a bad spell where we really thought it was time to let her go. We were heart broken having made the dreaded decision. We sat with her all that weekend with her between us just petting her and giving her any treats that she would eat. My husband had even emailed work that he would not be able to attend a mandatory meeting which his boss could not understand what the fuss was about just a rabbit.:shock:
Anyways a miracle happened by the next morning. She is now doing better than ever scooting around. Both her vets are amazed at her. She is on higher doses of pain meds and just came off the gut stimulant but is back to gobbling her food like no tomorrow which isn't really a good thing though as she choked again 2 days ago.
Julie does get pretty much 24 hour care and supervision though. She pretty much is never left alone for the last year. Fortunately I don't work and the Hubby works from home with the occasional outside meeting. She goes into what ever room someone is in. She even sleeps with us. She loves being cared for and loves her medicines. She the best bunny.

She is still a little character. This is a fairly heavy ceramic cat bowl that she always manages to move somehow. She likes to use it as a pillow. Doesn't look comfortable but must be as she loves to sleep like this all the time and gets mad if I try to move her because I think her neck is breaking.:lol:

Diving into her bowl of critical care and pumpkin.

Getting ready to watch a movie with us.

Her and Yoko.

Awww :love::love: she really is a brave little fighter! I'm glad she came through the rough patch. I love hearing about her, she's such an inspiration :love:

:wave: thankyou for the update, so pleased Julie rallied :love: she really is an inspiration :thumb:

Julie never fails to amaze with her courage and determination to live life to the full despite having so many problems. She really remarkable and I hope that other owners can learn from Julie and the wonderful care she get from you bunnytoes and you OH.

It just goes to show how tenacious these little animals can be when it comes to wanting to live.

Thank you for the heart warming update. Sending love and best wishes to you all. xxxx

:love::love::love::love:

So good to hear from you bunnytoes! :D I'm glad Julie is doing better again. She really is amazing! :love:
Ahhh...pumpkin! This used to be Fiver's favorite treat until he started having troubles with dysbiosis and then I had to just keep him on hay without any treats. He misses it still because if he hears a can opener he's immediately at attention! :lol:
Lots of noserubs for Julie and hugs for you. xxxx

Thanks for updating us. Julie is so special, and has the best of care with you. Sending lots of vibes for her continued comfort. xx

Awwwww I just love Julie :love::love::love:

Love the pic of her with her movie snacks :D xxxxxxx

No wonder you both adore her so much :D

I love seeing little snippets of Julie's wonderful life. So glad she is doing well.

I love Julie :love: She is so brave and such a character, thank you for sharing more photos and her progress.

Back