• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tenvis 3818 wireless camera review

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
In case anyone was ever considering getting a camera to watch their bunnies
whilst away from home or at work, here is a review of mine which I have just got for my
birthday yesterday!

Its the Tenvis 3818 P2P Wireless IP Camera
http://www.tenvis.com/tr3818-p2p-wireless-pantilt-ip-camera-night-vision-ir-led-off-p-224.html

I am sat this morning at work in Middlesbrough. I live in Hartlepool, approx 13 miles away.
I am watching my bunnies at my desk! :thumb:

I must admit I am impressed with this camera, it is first of all easy to set up with an Ipad or Iphone. I haven't tried out the software for the PC yet but that's only because I won't use it. It was as easy as getting the app from the Istore and then signing up to the app. Then I had to input the cameras model and number into the app, connect it to the internet wireless by finding my router and there you have it!

The picture quality has three settings, normal, HD and UHD, the HD I find is the best one for me, but only because my wireless struggles to keep up with the UDH, which obviously has the best picture. HD is a good enough picture for me to see what my bunnies are doing, whilst also being able to keep up and watch in real time.

The camera also has a pan, tilt, function so I can look all around the room with a simple touch to either side or the top and bottom of my Ipad screen. I was worried that when I got to work it wouldn't connect but it was instantly online and showing me live pictures from my desk!

It also has night vision which I tried in bed last night, its pretty good! I could see what the boys were doing even in the dark! :D

Its weird to be watching them whilst at work, I won't do it all day because I will just get distracted, but its nice to be able to check on them at home, I was worried that I would become obsessed over it but I've decided to limit myself to a check at 10, a check on my lunch at 12:30 and a check at 3. That way I won't get in trouble at work and also I'll not get too obsessed with it! :roll:

But if anyone else has been thinking of getting one of these I say GO for it. Its a great little piece of kit! Also, the pictures I get at the minute aren't great as the boys are just in their cages in my living room whilst healing from the neuter. Once I have this pointing down into the new enclosure I had pictured before, it should be even better! I'm thinking of putting it on the wall just above the gate so it can look down into it:

All in all I'm very happy with it, glad I can at least have a look in on my boys during the day! :thumb:

Last edited:
What a lovely present :thumb: their space looks lovely, you did a great job with the bunny barrier/gate :thumb:

What a lovely present :thumb: their space looks lovely, you did a great job with the bunny barrier/gate :thumb:

I'm over the moon with it, it just makes me want to get the boys into their new space even quicker! But I keep on having to remind myself that they need good time to heal and then rebond. I'm so excited for the day they do in there together! :lol:

That looks awesome!
Is it battery powered or does it need to be plugged into mains? Would love one for our two but OH isn't sure about wires trailing across the garden!

That looks awesome!
Is it battery powered or does it need to be plugged into mains? Would love one for our two but OH isn't sure about wires trailing across the garden!

It needs to be plugged in at the mains, its not made to be an outdoor camera. But it works very well for an indoor one! I'm sure the outdoor ones are more expensive with being more durable etc. ;)

It needs to be plugged in at the mains, its not made to be an outdoor camera. But it works very well for an indoor one! I'm sure the outdoor ones are more expensive with being more durable etc. ;)

Hmmm wonder if this is an argument for making them indoor buns...

Back