• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Advice please!!

Alibunbun

Warren Scout
So a little background - yesterday I went to my OH's house and stayed overnight, leaving my mum in charge of taking care of Indiana. She's very good with animals so I had no qualms with describing Indi's care to her and she's very capable.

I come back this evening and go in to check on her, only to find her water bowl on top of her base where she can't get it. I put it back in and she immediately takes a drink, lasting about 3 mins but not drinking very much (well it was a lot for her size but didn't leave a dent in the water bowl). I asked my mum and she was horrified, saying she went to change it at 9am!! It's now 11pm... She's been without water all day :( She feels so incredibly awful and it was a genuine mistake so I can't be mad at her, but I'm so upset for poor Indi.

Is there anything I should be doing? She seems fine, very perky, running about and has had a drink now. Anything I should monitor for?

Did she have any veg to eat? There would have been water in that if she did.

If she seems ok then I would just keep an eye on her :)

Did she have any veg to eat? There would have been water in that if she did.

If she seems ok then I would just keep an eye on her :)

No she didn't, she's only just come home with me so haven't introduced any yet :? I'm sure I'll be up all night checking she's okay :oops:

I'm sure she'll be fine. My little ones hardly drink through the day - they drink more at night. Just keep an eye on her :)

Back