• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have had a terrible day

weedug

Mama Doe
Honey has had a respiratory infection on and off for years. I made a post about her latest episode in health a couple of weeks ago, but have given up with it because nobody was posting anything.

Anyway, D1ck vet today for a ct scan. They got her out the carrier in a rush to check her over because the ct was only available when we were there. Poor Honey was struggling like mad when the vet insisted he had to look underneath her. That done, I picked her up to put her into her carrier and there was blood EVERYWHERE :shock:. I thought she must have torn a nail out, but according to the vet, she had sore hocks and she bashed it on the table and made it bleed. Her hocks were ok before, although she has been sitting around a lot lately.

Ct scan showed part of the right side of her nose has been destroyed by the infection. There should be little things (forgot their name) in her nostrils and the one on the right has totally gone, and further down is full of pus.

They want her in for an op to drill a hole in her sinuses, scrape out the pus and get it sent away, and put a drain in. They couldn't do it just now because my other vet had told me to keep her on the antibiotics.

Really dreading it. Has anyone had a similar op on their bun?

Oh no :cry: I've no advice, but wanted to send vibes for Honey, and hugs for you xx

Thanks for replying. The vet seemed to think the op was the way to go, but I'm a bit worried about it. I don't want her to stay constantly sneezing though, and she has been less active lately, which I assume is where the sore hocks came from.

And there is already so much damage to the right nostril. I was shocked when there was just an empty space on the ct.

I don't suppose she will be able to go outside to play either, if she has a drain in :(. Being a house bun, she only gets to play out during the summer.

Poor Honey :( I really hope the surgery makes a difference to her. It sounds a very unusual operation but they would not offer it, if they could not do it. Sending lots of vibes xx

Thank you for the vibes. I am not looking forward to it. My poor little girl is always getting poked and prodded :(. I would just like her to have some time when she is feeling ok and is left in peace.

She isn't eating too well today, again, and is looking quite sad. I really wish she could have some good health and get some peace from vets.

Back