• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My little queenie Dany

Lucy-Lou

Mama Doe
Can't believe the difference in Dany since she had her episode of stasis - she's practically back to her old self now, running around wild and refusing to be petted/handled! :roll: I'm so relieved after her appearing so poorly, laying there not eating or moving :( my vet was brilliant in getting her seen so quickly and on fluids :thumb:

She's been out in the garden for a toddle around but got tired quickly, she seemed to enjoy herself though.

One of mummy's friends has a little hoomin who came to play with us! :D

I'm tired out now, I'm going to sit in this dirty bit of garden

She's hidden here behind Peach, both tired after playing out (they're only 6 months old so still babies really) :love:

I'm really relieved :D She feels quite a bit skinnier since she was ill, so am trying to get weight on her by giving her more pellets without putting her off her hay (bit of a balancing act).

Her weight looks good to me. I would be careful with giving more pellets as that could set her guts off again. If you weigh her every couple of days then as long as she is not losing weight I would not be too concerned about fattening her up. Carrying even a tiny bit too much weight can cause GI tract hypomotility and IME Rexes are exceptionally greedy !! So they very easily become a bit chubby. She certainly does not look to be underweight in the photos :D

Her weight looks good to me. I would be careful with giving more pellets as that could set her guts off again. If you weigh her every couple of days then as long as she is not losing weight I would not be too concerned about fattening her up. Carrying even a tiny bit too much weight can cause GI tract hypomotility and IME Rexes are exceptionally greedy !! So they very easily become a bit chubby. She certainly does not look to be underweight in the photos :D

Thanks, I've only been giving her a few more as she went off her pellets whilst ill and for a week or so afterwards. She is normally a very good hay water though. It's good to know she doesn't look underweight, when I stroke her I can feel her bones more than I could previously (I know you can feel bunnies' bones a bit anyway.)

Back