• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

worst hutch ever?

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
Just spotted this posted to Rabbit Require Rights facebook group courtesy of poundstretcher. :shock:

hutch_zps59f17e2f.jpg

Their customer complaints email address is customer.care@poundstretcher.co.uk I'll pop up the e-mail I'm sending in a tick.

:evil: If that is the deluxe version :censored: what are the others like, and the price is just :shock: ridiculous

:shock::shock::shock:

It looks like an extremely mini version of something I saw chickens in at a wildlife park years ago, but it wouldn't even be suitable for that let alone rabbits.

We have a pet hut near us, I will try and check out if ours has it at the weekend.

I am a member of a number of rabbit welfare groups and spotted a picture of a rabbit hutch that was taken in your store in Livingston. Unfortunately I cannot seem to locate the product on your website so have attached the picture to this email.

The hutch is advertised as a "deluxe rabbit hutch" yet I feel that most rabbits would have difficulty turning around in one of these much less be able to display any type of natural behavior.

The rabbit welfare association and fund recommends a hutch of no less than 6(l)x2(w)x2(h)' with a permanently attached 8(l)x4(w)' run.

http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/ahutchisnotenough.htm

I sincerely hope that this item is withdrawn for sale, it is not only totally unsuitable to house both rabbits and guinea pigs but would actually cause immense suffering for both species should it be used. Given the massive welfare crisis surrounding rabbits in the UK this represents a step back to the dark ages in terms of accommodation. I hope that the information provided in the link to the RWAF will be used to create a product that is more suitable.

What a joke. It looks like some kind of ornamental feature for the garden not an actual home.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Disgusting :evil::evil::evil:

I have also sent an email. I hope they get loads of emails telling them how stupid they are - politely of course (although I found it incredibly hard to be polite ;))

Where would any animal go in there?! Looks like half the floor on each level is taken up by the ramps so it would basically be like 2 bunny sized shelves. It's so infuriating :evil:

Hopefully someone moved the sign off a real hutch, surely nowhere would sell that as a hutch? :shock:

Back