• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where can I get hay from at this time of night?!

tashp90

Warren Veteran
I just went to get the hay from the cupboard under the sink, only to discover that the :censored: pipe thingy has been leaking, and the hay is absolutely drenched! It's in a bag, but the opening to the bag was directly under the leak, so of course, it's just leaked straight into the bag :cry::cry:

Tesco do hay. It's not fantastic but my boys certainly enjoyed it! Also sainsburys do hay. X

I've tried the girls with the one from asda before and they were less than impressed.I'm going to get some more and hope they'll eat it until I can get to the garden centre tomorrow

You didn't mention you wanted to impress them as well ;) That might be a challenge then at this time of night :lol:

What's so bad about giving them wet hay? The water will have dampened down any dust and of course it's extra water for them and in this heat that can only be a plus.

What's so bad about giving them wet hay? The water will have dampened down any dust and of course it's extra water for them and in this heat that can only be a plus.
I don't think they'll eat it? I thought hay was supposed to be dry :?

If it just recently got wet, then it may be okay. It's when it's been wet for a while that there is the risk of it getting moldy.

eta: If it's been long or if it's the drain pipe leaking, I wouldn't risk feeding it.

If it just recently got wet, then it may be okay. It's when it's been wet for a while that there is the risk of it getting moldy.
It wasn't wet when I cleaned their trays last night, but don't know when the pipe started leaking :/

Can you go and cut them some grass with scissors??? But yes, 24 hr supermarket or emergency vet might help

Can you go and cut them some grass with scissors??? But yes, 24 hr supermarket or emergency vet might help
This was from last night, we're sorted now :)

My buns are house rabbits, I live in a 1st floor flat. They've had very little exposure to grass, and I don't have a garden or fields near by :(

Back