• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I now pronounce Cheyenne and Lenny to be

Fellie

Warren Veteran
Husbun and wife :love::love::love:

We tried bonding Lenny and Bug - using the neutral, small area method - but after a good start they just started fighting badly so I pulled them apart and went back to square one.

I wasn't happy about trying them together again -so I thought we'd try Lenny and Cheyenne...and I really don't like the traditional method of bonding - to me it is too restrictive and too stressful. Our lounge is used by ALL 8 buns - at seperate times of course - and it a big area with loads of room to get away from another rabbit if necessary. It just made sense to me that if Lenny was to get too humpy with Cheyenne - she could easily get away and use one of the many tubes to hide in but not be stuck in.

So we opened up both their hutches at the same time on Thursday night and out they hopped - and yes there was alot of humping by Lenny and chasing - Cheyenne just ran off when she had had enough - and we also had a section for her to run to to get away from Lenny and have a calm down period - she used it but kept asking to go back into the lounge. It was all about keeping her happy and stress free - Lenny just thought 'waa hoo - pretty lady - me hump :oops::shock:'
We didn't do a long time on Thursday - about 20 mintues but it went really well and we finished it on a good note with both of lying down next to each other.
Friday and Saturday was more of the same but for longer periods - and both were binkying around each other like loons - Cheyenne was doing her rolly flops showing me she was very happy indeed.
Last night as a tester - I let Lenny into Cheyennes hutch (this is their permanent home) - she didn't seem to mind in the slightest - was totally cool with him in there.
So this morning - I let him into her hutch again - gave them breakfast to share and left him in there.
I had to come to work - but hubby stayed at home and kept an eye on them - all was calm and peaceful - and then he sent me a video -of Cheyenne grooming Lenny :love:

This method worked well for us - and the buns involved - it also worked for Sheldon and Holly - BUT I am in no way advocating it for others to use. The traditional - small neutral space - method obviously works as well but the first time I used it, it ended in disaster.

Eating fenugreeks in the communal toilet together:

Having some relaxing time together on the bunny sofa

And finally - the video (click on to play)

I've used that method successfully twice now, and also failed with small space bonding. I found that having space to escape eachother meant that nothing ever escalated beyond a bit of fur pulling :thumb:

Eta: just realised its 3 times I've used the large space bonding successfully :lol:

Last edited:
Such a cute little couple! One is black butterfly, correct? It looks like my Georgie :love:

Yes - that is Lenny - poor little chap is all brawn and no brains - he just has this sort of gormless 'I'm not sure what I'm doing' expression - but he is such a gentle boy as well. I think he is going to be fairly big as well. He's only 6 to 7 months and the same size as Cheyenne who is 10 months old - and he has no fat on him at all - all bones and muscles and eats like a horse - but he is not skinny (he was when we first brought him home - quite malnorished and had me worried for a bit :cry:).

Back