PDA

View Full Version : Shall I do another RU calendar?

cpayne
04-08-2014, 10:15 AM
I'm in two minds as it was so much work and I know people got upset when their rabbit wasn't in it. I do want to raise money for SCAR though and a few friends want me to do a calendar and would be happy with me just doing one with Doughnut, so I'll do that if the majority on here don't want me to do one.

We raised over 1,000 so should pat ourselves on the back anyway.

Here's the link to submit photos, since I'm now doing another one!
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?427916-RU-Calendar-2015-submit-your-photo-by-midnight-25-August-2014

Sarah1989
04-08-2014, 10:42 AM
Yes!!!!!! Do it do it do it :)

luna
04-08-2014, 10:57 AM
Oh yes ... Do it :) I would enter Rosie and if she got in I would be thrilled but if she didn't I would be fine with that. It's for a good cause xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

GabyEmilyB
04-08-2014, 11:18 AM
Oh yes ... Do it :) I would enter Rosie but and if she got in I would be thrilled but if she didn't I would be fine with that. It's for a good cause xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Same here :wave: but he instead of she haha

FondueKid
04-08-2014, 12:11 PM
Yes please! :D

cpayne
04-08-2014, 01:07 PM
I've asked my work if they would do it cost price again for me and they have agreed, so at least the choice is there.

Summer&Skye
04-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Why don't you do each page like a collage of lots of different bunnies then more can fit in? Just an idea, I personally wouldn't be upset if my bunnies didn't make it! If it raised 1000 last time then I'd say definitely do it again :D Well done you!! :thumb:

Fluffs
04-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Yes! :thumb:

I like Summer&Skye's idea of a collage :)

cpayne
04-08-2014, 02:18 PM
We looked at that option before but it's so difficult to do just one photos as every photo was a different size and also the photos would be quite small.

In the end I went with Doughnut on the front with Baby Saint who I felt represented RU. I was thinking of going with Simba this time and then two rabbits per page in the calendar.

Sarah1991
04-08-2014, 02:19 PM
I would like to be involved =D x

cpayne
04-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Ah thanks, will have a think how as need to produce it and get my work printing it. Will start off with the uploading of the photos first and can leave more time for everyone since there won't be a rush now. There are also lots more members so lots of different new bunnies to choose from.

Will probably keep the same format as last time but just change the colours.

Fellie
04-08-2014, 04:04 PM
I would be keen for another RU calender - I love turning over to a new month and seeing another pair of RU buns :thumb: And for such a good cause as well. I think it is great your work are willing to help out again - very big hearted of them :thumb:

Alibunbun
04-08-2014, 04:28 PM
It sounds like a really good idea! :thumb: I'd love to be involved, and again wouldn't be upset if not chosen.

As for the collage idea, maybe have one photo per month up to December, then you could have a collage of photos for the festive time of year. You could actually specify the dimensions for each photo you want too :) ie. each photo must be 3x3 cm.

Mrsmcarey
04-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Yes please another calender will be fab :thumb:

i love turning the pages to see who is this months star :oops:

Time to get the camera out and catch all 3 in one super cute photo so this time i can put one forward too:oops:

tashp90
04-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Ooo a calendar sounds great!
As much as I'd like my girls to appear, I wouldn't be upset/annoyed if they didn't...I get to see them everyday ;)

cpayne
04-08-2014, 05:55 PM
It sounds like a really good idea! :thumb: I'd love to be involved, and again wouldn't be upset if not chosen.

As for the collage idea, maybe have one photo per month up to December, then you could have a collage of photos for the festive time of year. You could actually specify the dimensions for each photo you want too :) ie. each photo must be 3x3 cm.

I think that may start getting complicated for people uploading photos also I will need different sizes depending on if they are in the collage or on the main page and also the voting on who is in the collage and main page. I'm going to try and keep it simple if possible!

Open to ideas though.

Kirotea
04-08-2014, 06:50 PM
I've got some good photos of my two :thumb:

Rushrabbit
04-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Oh wow, did you do a calendar before? :D that sounds amazing! such a great idea to rasie money and share lovely bun pictures :)

cpayne
04-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Yes, here's a promotional photo!!

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Doughnutpic/2013-10-17203900_zpsd24b386d.jpg

Jayniekinns
04-08-2014, 10:51 PM
That sounds like an awesome idea, and with it being for a good cause as well, would love to enter my buns but there would be no hard feelings if they didnt get in, part of the fun :)
That and i wouldnt want Maisy to get big headed :)

Hesperus
04-08-2014, 11:02 PM
How about doing it by random draw this year so that people don't think the popular bunnies got chosen?

cpayne
04-08-2014, 11:15 PM
How about doing it by random draw this year so that people don't think the popular bunnies got chosen?

My concern would be that it wouldnt sell a lot as no one has had a say.

I don't mind how its done but i know I've sold about twenty to friends and family if doughnut is on the cover again and inside. Unfortunately they wouldn't buy ones of random rabbits as they aren't rabbit mad like us. Just trying to think how to get the most sales if anyone has any suggestions.

I could do a closed vote but the majority wanted am open one last time. I would say pick the best photo or the cutest one as that's what will sell the calendar outside of this forum but everyone will just vote how they want anyway.

olices
05-08-2014, 08:58 AM
That is weird, I was looking at the calender last night and wondered if another one would be done for next year, great idea I think :)

jodiecoxap
05-08-2014, 10:10 AM
I think you should.
And people were given the option last year to replace one of the photos within the calendar with their own rabbits weren't they?
I love mine, I have it on my desk at work :love:

aaammmyyy
05-08-2014, 01:10 PM
How will they be avaliable to order? :wave:

Vegan_Bunny
05-08-2014, 01:13 PM
That is weird, I was looking at the calender last night and wondered if another one would be done for next year, great idea I think :)

I was doing this exact same thing! :lol:

cpayne
05-08-2014, 01:14 PM
Once I've produced some I will start another thread and people can let me know how many they want and they can pay through paypal or cheque, whatever they prefer. I will let everyone know the postage. It will probably be October by the time the voting is done and then I've got some produced and printed up.

They are A4 size with two bunnies on each page and I was thinking of charging 6.50.

Vegan_Bunny
05-08-2014, 01:34 PM
Once I've produced some I will start another thread and people can let me know how many they want and they can pay through paypal or cheque, whatever they prefer. I will let everyone know the postage. It will probably be October by the time the voting is done and then I've got some produced and printed up.

They are A4 size with two bunnies on each page and I was thinking of charging 6.50.

So they are bigger than the ones we got this year? I'm happy to pay 6.50. :thumb:

Sarah1989
05-08-2014, 01:35 PM

Oooo goodie, guess what I'll be buying everyone for Xmas again :lol: Sign me up for 5 please - one for me, my mum, my dad & my grandparents :D

cpayne
05-08-2014, 01:38 PM
So they are bigger than the ones we got this year? I'm happy to pay 6.50. :thumb:

They should be the same size, the ones last year were A4.

cpayne
05-08-2014, 01:39 PM
Oooo goodie, guess what I'll be buying everyone for Xmas again :lol: Sign me up for 5 please - one for me, my mum, my dad & my grandparents :D

Bless you, you're keen! 25 sold without even being produced :)

Vegan_Bunny
05-08-2014, 01:43 PM
They should be the same size, the ones last year were A4.

Were they? :lol: I thought they were A5. Shows how much attention I pay. *Face palm*

I will definitely be getting one and maybe more if I find people who want them. :)

cpayne
05-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Maybe you will pay more attention to it next month ;)

Sarah1989
05-08-2014, 01:57 PM
Were they? :lol: I thought they were A5. Shows how much attention I pay. *Face palm*

I will definitely be getting one and maybe more if I find people who want them. :)

I'm pretty certain they're A5, sorry. People bought me loads of different calendars last year including an A4 one and the RU one was much smaller than that one....

cpayne
05-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Nope it is definitely A4, just checked with my friend and she confirmed before I started to think I was going mad. It's A4 landscape.

Rhianna
05-08-2014, 02:03 PM
Glad you are going to do another one. My buns didn't get chosen but I bought a couple of calendars with them in it that you did specially, one for me and one for Bluesmum:love:

It is A4 - just held an A4 sheet of paper up against it and it matched exactly;)

Just got to decide which buns to enter this year.

Sarah1989
05-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Nope it is definitely A4, just checked with my friend and she confirmed before I started to think I was going mad. It's A4 landscape.

Ah I was thinking portrait :oops::lol: spatial awareness is not something I have - you should see me attempt to park a car!! :lol:

cpayne
05-08-2014, 02:18 PM
Ah I was thinking portrait :oops::lol: spatial awareness is not something I have - you should see me attempt to park a car!! :lol:

Oh dear, not sure what calendar you are looking at! I'll give you a clue it has bunnies on it ;)

Willowsmum
05-08-2014, 02:36 PM
I think you did an amazing job with the last one :thumb::thumb: the amount you raised was fantastic :wave:

cpayne
05-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Thank you. I will keep it very similar but change the colouring and I'm going to make the numbers smaller and maybe the photos slightly smaller and the calendar box slightly bigger, as I know some people want to write in the boxes and there wasn't a lot of room. Of course I want to keep the photos of the bunnies as big as possible to show how gorgeous they all are.

tulsi
05-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Oooooo where do we submit rabbit pics???

Edit to say that I have just seen the other thread!

Sarah1989
05-08-2014, 04:50 PM
Oh dear, not sure what calendar you are looking at! I'll give you a clue it has bunnies on it ;)

:lol: no I was comparing the a4 portrait calendar to the landscape bunny RU one and thinking "no way is that a4, what's everyone on about?" :lol::oops: silly me had a blonde moment and didn't register it was a4 on it's side :lol::lol::lol:

cpayne
07-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Well you had me questioning myself!

Vegan_Bunny
07-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Maybe you will pay more attention to it next month ;)

:lol: Yes, I most certainly will, although it hangs next to my bed so the first thing I see is extremely cute bunnies on a morning...not including the real ones usually sat on me trying to get me up so I can feed them. :roll: