• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cone of shame (question post 13)

She doesn't look very impressed :lol: has she been messing with her stitches?

She sometimes licks the wound so its a little bit sore so while we're not about to watch her she has to have the cone on she is not liking it one bit

Tarja had to wear a fabric cone for cats. It was flexible so she wasn't impeded like they are by a plastic one, it was waaay more comfy looking and she could eat it! So with Axl undoing the bows for her she spent so much time devouring it that her tail healed :)

:lol: Least impressed face ever.

Amy messed with her stitches after her spay and got a mild infection; tried the cone, hated it, so I got a small baby vest and cut holes for her bits. Hated that too, but a bit less.

Awww, bless her. I'm so pleased my girls left their stitches alone so they didn't need cones. I can just imagine Lady Katherine's reaction :roll::lol:

so I got a small baby vest

I much prefer this if necessary. I've never used a cone, obviously I see the need and cruel to be kind aspect if they really are harassing stitches etc but does it not affect their ability to graze?

Barney had a cone. It was devastating but he adapted surprisingly well. I had to hand feed him but he was fine drinking out of a water bottle and he still did lots of bunny flops.

Fiver had one after he was neutered. Lasted about an hour and he managed to jam it up against the side of his cage and chew it into a million pieces. I never returned it to the vets because I was so embarrassed. :lol: :oops:

If i was to get one of these http://www.clothingattesco.com/f+f-...at,5,shop,catgkids,babywear-0-2-years,newborn how do i go about fixing it so she can wee and poop

Well, I used these http://www.clothingattesco.com/f+f-3-pack-of-sleeveless-bodysuits/invt/kb839051 in up to 1 month 3 pack, though that was a little big for my medium bunny. I started by cutting the middle popper out on both sides, cutting a V shape upwards for the tail, and a U shape for waste. I also had to cut the leg holes slit up so the hips had more freedom. Amy eventually managed to escape from them shortly after they were put on, but by then her wound was healed enough she wasn't bothering it.

Back