• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Neuter tomorrow! EDIT: HOME

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
I'm really nervous for the boys! I've set up their medical cages and put nice blankets in the bottom to keep them clean and away from anything that could stick to the stitches.

They are at the vets at 8:30, I'm really disappointed because I won't be there to drop them off, my mum has to do it for me as I can't get any time off work :( I've packed them a lunch of lots of hay, pellet and redigrass, as well as a little kale to temp them when they wake up.

I'll probably pick the boys up after work at 5:30ish depending on what time they can come home, if they get done really early my mum will pick them up for me, my mums a bit nervous of putting them in the cages with stitches and wounds though so it'll probably be better if I get them.

Anyone got any more aftercare tips for me? Wish us luck and vibes for everything going OK?

I won't be able to concentrate tomorrow until I know they are out of the op and awake and then home with me :(

Last edited:
Good luck for tomorrow boys i'm sure they will be fine they will have a tiny cut about this long ---- and they usually have internal stitches and glue on the outside i've just had 3 boys neutered in a week all fine and back to there bouncy selves again

They used glue on my little lad, no stitches or problems at all, you wouldn't know he'd had anything done really. I took a bag of goodies in to, the vet laughed at me and asked how long I thought he was booked in for ! I'm sure they will be fine, but you'll still worry, it's what us bunny mums do :lol: good luck anyway, it sounds like you are well prepared. :wave:

Oh gosh! Icho's getting near to his date with the vet to be neutered and I am so nervous already!! I do understand you sooo much.. loads of vibes!! ;);):thumb:

Hope all goes well for the boys today xx

Thank you Jane. Thank you everyone! I've left them with everything they need, hay, food, water etc. My mum is taking them for 8:30 for me.

Won't be able to settle or concentrate at all at work until I know they are awake and eating...:(

I have everything crossed. Poor boys x

I'm such an overly obsessive bunny mummy. I wish i'd taken the day off now to take them :( I literally can't concentrate at all at work this morning. I hope this day flies by and I can see my boys again soon. They hate the vets and I hate to think they are stressed out. Finn hates being handled.

Roll on 5pm....

Good luck, everything will be fine - you're probably better off being at work. It might feel that you're not working but you'll be more distracted than if you were off at home where you couldn't actually do anything x

My mums going to pick the boys up at 4:30. The vets said I can ring any time I want to check up but I should hear around lunch time.

Waiting is torture :roll:

I'm terrible, the fact that I have anxiety Isn't helping. I feel sick in my stomach, I know its silly 0o

Try to keep busy, it's not such a big op for boys, I'm sure they will be fine :thumb:

I rang to check and they are in recovery and doing well. :) My mum is picking them up at 4:30.

I may ring in a couple of hours and see if they have eaten anything.

I rang to see if they had eaten anything yet and they said no they are still a bit sleepy.

Hopefully they will soon though..

Back