• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

abandoned bunnies

Patty 23

New Kit
Hi there, my neighbour came to see me this morning with 3 gorgeous bunnies. He had been to a car boot sale early and as he was leaving he saw a box moving......... no holes in it but 3 bunnies inside all alone... He know we have 7 spoilt bunnies already so though he would see if we could help............ Hubbie just melted when he saw them. 1 is long greyish fur, 1 is all black lop eared and the last one is beigey stripped all are very friendly too but need some food intake. They are all girls and are happy together too so we shall keep them together, new large cage needs building for them. They are cheeky, playing with loo roll centres and digging in the grass but they seem happy enough to be here and the kids love them too.

Pics to follow.

Oh my lord, who does that?!! :shock: Poor wee critters. If I were you I'd contact the police and RSPCA, firstly, to see if anyone's reported them stolen and secondly, to see if there's any way of tracing who abandoned them.

I'm glad they're settling in well. Are they with you to stay? 10 bunnies sounds like a handful!!

How could anyone do that to any living creature :( its just so far beyond my comprehension. I suppose they were hoping to sell them at the car boot then just left them :cry:

Sounds like they've landed on their paws though :) looking forward to the pics

It's so heartbreaking to think of someone doing that. I'm glad they're safe. If I were you I'd be getting them to a vet as soon as possible. With you not knowing their ages or history they could be diseased or pregnant or anything. I'd keep therm away from your own buns until they get the all clear. Good luck. You have a big heart to have a household of 10 buns.

We have housed them in cages away from our other bunnies, bless them. I have checked teeth and bums all good, defo girls. One has scruffy ears and the fluffy one is in need of good grooming too, the black on is the shy one so far. They will all be vet checked too and injections sorted.

We are just big softies with animals here, we have 2 elderly dogs too. Last year we rescued 8 mallard duckling until they were ready to fly, then we got permission to free them on our local nature reserve.

These little bunnies will be ok, now we have to start planning and building winter quarters for them all.

Lucky bunnies to be with you. As they are all girls you want to check or have them neutered as fights may break out due to hormone aggression.

Here we go

Tigger

Fluffy

Beauty

They have all been playing together in the room with some home made toys we did for them.

They are gorgeous :love:
How can someone abandon animals? :cry: good on you for taking them on, lucky bunnies!

We have housed them in cages away from our other bunnies, bless them. I have checked teeth and bums all good, defo girls. One has scruffy ears and the fluffy one is in need of good grooming too, the black on is the shy one so far. They will all be vet checked too and injections sorted.

We are just big softies with animals here, we have 2 elderly dogs too. Last year we rescued 8 mallard duckling until they were ready to fly, then we got permission to free them on our local nature reserve.

These little bunnies will be ok, now we have to start planning and building winter quarters for them all.[/QUOTE]

Bless you and our family for having such kind hearts. The world needs more kind and soft hearted people.

I wish you all the best with these.......now very fortunate bunnies.

I don't think you post very often, but this rare post warms my heart.

What beautiful girls :love: I hope they get the all clear from the vet. The world definitely needs more families like yours :D

Well done for taking these rabbits in.They look to have been loved in the recent past as they are well fed and have obviously been handled before. They may even be neutered as they are adults and not fighting. They may also be chipped - worth checking. It does make me wonder if they have been stolen and then abandoned. Someone may be missing them.

I would be heartbroken if they were mine and I couldn't find them - it might be worth putting up a general 'FOUND - 3 rabbits' poster or an advert (usually free in the 'found' section) in the local paper - just in case. It happened to me - 2 of my rabbits were stolen and dumped in a sports bag a couple of days later. I was so relieved to find them.

Wow... They are beautiful buns, I especially love Tiggers colouring :)

Well done rescuing these buns and giving them a brighter future xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Well done for taking these rabbits in.They look to have been loved in the recent past as they are well fed and have obviously been handled before. They may even be neutered as they are adults and not fighting. They may also be chipped - worth checking. It does make me wonder if they have been stolen and then abandoned. Someone may be missing them.

I would be heartbroken if they were mine and I couldn't find them - it might be worth putting up a general 'FOUND - 3 rabbits' poster or an advert (usually free in the 'found' section) in the local paper - just in case. It happened to me - 2 of my rabbits were stolen and dumped in a sports bag a couple of days later. I was so relieved to find them.

I agree with this. Bless you for having such a good heart but I would also be heartbroken if someone stole my buns and I never knew they were safe and well.

We along with our friend who brought them to us are making enquiries about them. I too would be heartbroken if someone stole my bunnies................... So ti I find their owners they will remain in my care.

We have gently groomed the long haired one this morning and they have all explored the house, even walking ok on laminate flooring........... they are very quizzy but not keen on the dogs.....

They are eating and drinking ok and are now out in the pen in the shade and loving it.

Back