• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lucky's progress.

Riggs

Warren Scout
Hi Everybody,
Haven't posted for ages, had a lot of Family and work stuff taking up too much of my time and the time I have had to myself has been spent with my furry friends.

For anyone that has followed lucky's story her is an update, some good some not so good.

Lucky has been doing really well on the litter training and we now rarely have any accidents, he has become much friendlier and I feel that we have developed a much closer bond.

He has been getting full access to the house now the weeing thing is under control and has been finding his own way back in from the garden when it is time to go in, he still gives me the run around at bed time though despite knowing how to find his way upstairs.

He has also been going through a massive moult over the last few weeks and looks a bit scruffy at times but is generally much more settled now and his confidence is slowly building to the point that he will venture out of the office and joins Blossom on her mini adventures.

The not so good bit is that he has also managed to hurt himself some how, Last week I noticed that he was a bit unstable on his right rear leg and he had become a little clumsy on his back end but was absolutely fine in his self and still eating and pooing as he should so after a quick examination to see if there was any obvious damage I decided that we should closely monitor things to see how we went, by Friday it was apparent that he was having some balance issues as well so first thing Monday morning it was off to the vets.

We saw Caroline at Good Companions in Stanstead Abbotts who did a thorough examination and believes that he has managed to injure his lower back resulting in some numbness in his hind legs which is affecting his balance, so he is now on a course of Meloxidyl and Cage rest which isn't sitting well with him and we are only on day 6 of 4 weeks.

He is not happy about being confined, he is looking a bit depressed about it all and is a bit off his food which means that I have to sit and hand feed him herbs and bits of his favourite foods to encourage him to eat, I and am closely monitoring goods in and goods out as it were and hope that it doesn't become a whole new problem

I am hoping that he will be back to his normal self very soon but some nice healing vibes wouldn't go a miss.

Blossom has already tried to break him out on several occasions and I am sure that she is plotting the great escape as we speak.

She on the other hand is her usual self and has become very close to me and will follow me around upstairs but doesn't come down stairs as she is never far away from her boy

With all the hot weather recently I have needed to leave the inside doors open to try and get some air in the place and cool things down a little which has resulted in some early morning wake up calls from Blossom as she comes to check out what is happening at 5:30 and to see if it is time for breakfast.

Here are some pics of the guys in the garden last week and a couple of confinement photos

1. Bloss in the garden surveying things from a position of safety (Her litter tray)

2. Lucky's Moult

5. Blossom looking for treats

6. Blossom planning an escape attempt.

7. On Guard

They're both gorgeous :love: sending vibes for a smooth recovery for Lucky :thumb:

Back