• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have had to leave Portia at the vets :(

BexPets

Warren Scout
Portia went in for her spaying today. A friend gave me a lift in, promising she could drive me to pick her up again after. The friend then got held up at some fete thing and was unable to get back in time.

Also, the vets is in a pet shop which closes at 6. I knew the vets closed at 5 but apparently the last opportunity for discharging rabbits is 4:15.

So, have had to pay an overnight fee and leave her there until tomorrow :-/ Feeling very guilty and sorry for Portia :-/

Its such a shame considering she started eating so quickly after the op, she could have come home very soon and been back in her own bed.

*sigh*

I only found out when I phoned at half 3 that the appointment would have to be 4:15. The vets is 30 minutes away. The four people I phoned didn't pick up. Also, Portia's carrying case is quite mucky and straw-covered, so I doubted a taxi would accommodate it without an additional cleaning fee. There are no direct buses to the vets either, so I would walk a lot of the way, it would take 50 minutes, with the carrying case and the post-op bunny :-/

So will you be able to pick her up tomorrow. I don't think it sounds good enough to leave a newly spayed rabbit overnight with no-one to check her etc.

I'm able to pick her up at midday tomorrow.

The vets have people coming in and checking throughout the night when they have animals kept there..

Well that is better than nothing. She will hopefully sleep most of the time. Hope she recovers well from her spay!

That must be very nerve wracking for you, I'm sure she will be fine though and at least she is in the best place if something does go wrong in the night. Sending healing and calming vibes for Portia xx

Thank youu.

Normally my mum would have driven us but she's had a foot operation, so :roll: I should have found out earlier that the last appointment was 4:15 and then phoned people earlier to find a lift.. Portia does like the vets, though, and was living in that same pet shop for a while before she got adopted, so the staff all know her. When we turned up with her some of the vets recognised her and came over to say hello. She was very comfortable in the waiting room, despite the dogs, and wasn't shaking or moulting even slightly. She kept coming up to the bars and poking her nose through.

Back