• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

mabel - update - dental today and migration of m/c

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
had a look in their mouths last night and her right side I thought I would check again today, and they do look elongated on right side, no sores , but the food collected which I noticed when checked last night was still there
so booked her in for check up on Monday, she is still eating and toileting fine, so there no other worries

i'd say she is due her yearly dental

Last edited:
All three of mine are scheduled for the 15th which is the only day their vet is on this month. At 9 a.m. :shock: I'm going to be a zombie! :( But that's the only time I can be certain they'll get e.r. dentals if they need them. :(

I hope Mabels will have an easy time with her dental. :love: A whole year...that's brilliant! :) xxxx

Hope the dentals go ok. It's brilliant if you can get away with a year between them :thumb:. Pea has just had her first dental today. She's got a huge food pocket that spans 3 molars and is likely to cause further problems. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

she is having it done today, they said they could do her while she is healthy, she is having another microchip out in though, as her other has migrated :shock: I had heard that it happens, never thought it would happen, and mabel has to go and be the first to have a microchip that has gone :lol:

mabel is now home nibbling away at her hay, sox had his naughty head on while she was away, but now she home is being good, well as good as he can be :lol:

thanks, she I like a model patient, at vets when having her teeth checked she doesn't even flinch, or grind on the scope, sox would try to chew it to bits if he could grinding on it :lol:

thanks, she I like a model patient, at vets when having her teeth checked she doesn't even flinch, or grind on the scope, sox would try to chew it to bits if he could grinding on it :lol:

Do I get the impression Sox is naughty? :shock: ;)

Glad Mabel's doing well... :wave:

Do I get the impression Sox is naughty? :shock: ;)

Glad Mabel's doing well... :wave:

:lol: he is more cheeky then anything, his way of saying oye how dare you put that in my mouth :lol: but mabel comforts him and calms him down

So glad Mabel's dental went well. Odd about the m/c though. :shock: I think I'll have Jenna's checked to be sure it's not swanning off somewhere when she goes for her dental on Thursday. Does that require an xray or can they just wand it?

Lots of snuggles for both Mabel and Sox, cheeky monkey that he is! ;) xxxxxxx

thanks she is back to herself, no they just put a new microchip in, sometimes its been known to happen in dogs etc

she is like a medicine addict :shock: morning yes mum metacam grasps syringe same with emeprid, she be gutted when I stop it :lol:

Metacam and Reglan (metaclopromide) are two of Mimzy's guilty pleasures. He's my little junkie bunny. :roll: The med he could've cared less about was his meclizine during his head tilt...he'd let that dribble out one side of his mouth and he got enough of it on the downside of his face that his fur began coming off on that cheek. :shock: Since the pill had to be crushed in water it would make this blue paste so I used to preface his dose with a line from Yellow Submarine, "Here Your Blueness...have some nasty medicine..." :lol:

He was so glad when we stopped it but his balance is becoming so bad again we may need to start over with it. :(

Metacam and Reglan (metaclopromide) are two of Mimzy's guilty pleasures. He's my little junkie bunny. :roll: The med he could've cared less about was his meclizine during his head tilt...he'd let that dribble out one side of his mouth and he got enough of it on the downside of his face that his fur began coming off on that cheek. :shock: Since the pill had to be crushed in water it would make this blue paste so I used to preface his dose with a line from Yellow Submarine, "Here Your Blueness...have some nasty medicine..." :lol:

He was so glad when we stopped it but his balance is becoming so bad again we may need to start over with it. :(

oh no bless him :cry:

mabels check up went very well, she passed her MOT :lol:, she made a friend in waiting room a boy id say he was about 10yrs old, telling me he once had a rabbit and I told him about mabel and how she was a house rabbit rather then in a hutch etc, he seemed very interested , said she like a princess, he was in with his puppy with his mum

and vet nurse was stroking her to, says she is such a character :love:

Back