• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you know what my rabbit is?

Jayniekinns

Young Bun
Hello,

I've always thought my rabbit was a French Lop, however I weighed her today and looked up how much she should weigh and according to what I have seen, she should be about 10-11lbs/4.5kg. After seeing photos as well, she doesn't look as big as other French Lops, so now I am not sure what she is.

She is 8lbs/3.6kg and about 2+1/2 years old;

1470210_10152470820244698_928552835_n.jpg

Before anyone worries, she no longer has woodshavings, this photo was before I stopped using it.

I did have another photo to show my partner holding her to show how big she is, but it wouldnt upload, damn internet!

Thanks
Jaynie

I think being too small for a french lop, and too heavy for a dwarf lop, she is probably a cross between the two lop breeds, although I suspect there may be other lop breeds apart from "mini", "dwarf" "French" and "English" - these are just the well known standards

I'm not very good when it comes to breeds of rabbits and I often get confused when it comes to the lops :oops: my first thought was: I wonder if there's some German lop in there somewhere... :D

She's gorgeous either way. :D

I doubt purebred, but I'm with Schez, maybe a german, french X, but it doesn't really matter. He's gorgeous. :love:

Because your bunny is small and harlequin coloured I doubt she's a French lop but she does have the ears and face of a purebred lop, maybe someone's been experimenting and crossing harlequin dwarf lops with frenchies to try get harlequin french lops?

Well i bought her from Pets At Home so I thought maybe pure bred. Obviously I was wrong! I also couldn't believe no one wanted her as she was up for adoption in my local shop as she had to be moved from another as no one had bought her.

She's also very grumpy :) It was a shock to get a quick photo in

Back