• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet box

Kirotea

Mama Doe
Just wondered what people do with their carriers when they're not using them, do you leave them out for the bunnies?

First time we went to the vets M&M hopped in the carrier for some food but second time they recognised the box as going to the vets and it was a bit of a trauma for all involved!

Vaccinations are end of November (I know I'm thinking ahead a bit) and wondering if it's best to leave the carrier out for them to play in so they don't freak out when I put them in for the vet trip?

Just wondered what people do with their carriers when they're not using them, do you leave them out for the bunnies?

First time we went to the vets M&M hopped in the carrier for some food but second time they recognised the box as going to the vets and it was a bit of a trauma for all involved!

Vaccinations are end of November (I know I'm thinking ahead a bit) and wondering if it's best to leave the carrier out for them to play in so they don't freak out when I put them in for the vet trip?

Funnily enough last night I sorted my carrier so it was clean and tidy ready for going to the vets for a check up today. I put it on the floor and went to get a cloth and Finn was inside it when I came back! I'm glad they aren't scared of it. I do make a point of putting it on the floor when they are out so they can go in/out as they please.

It means they don't associate it with bad things. :thumb:

I leave the carriers out. They like to climb over them, and go lie in them etc still don't like going in there when I have to take them somewhere :roll:

mine go out on the grass and back inside in the carrier, so they are getting pretty used to it. I always put something yummy in there too so the associations are all positive

:)

Their carrier is in their shed, they use it as a litter tray and place to hide the rest of the time :)

I leave the quads large carrier in their shed, I feed them their pellets in it :thumb:

Back