• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Building a relationship

JemimaH

Warren Veteran
This is probably a question that's been asked loads of times, but has anyone got any tips on building a relationship with a rabbit?

I've had alfie for nearly 3yrs but he's been outside so haven't had as closer bond as would have liked. Now he's single he's been moved inside and we're not going to be getting another rabbit so I want to try and give him as much human company as possible. The only thing is, he ignores me! I do sit on the floor in his room with treats etc but he just ignores me and then runs away whenever I try and stroke him :roll:

Any tips/advice? :wave:

Persevere! You should also ignore him. Sit/lie, put a trail or treats to you, and read a book/watch TV. Don't look at him/talk or anything.

gentle conversation: sit nearby and talk quietly
whispered sweet nothings: snuggle up and snuffle to each other
dinner: bond over a shared carrot, apple, nuggets (oh, you don't want to eat those...well, something that looks like them, for you)
small gifts: fenugreek crunchies

actually, its sounding a bit familiar...

Back