• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fly Strike Treatment

Amy104

Warren Veteran
The Bristol Hopper group had a Bunny First Aid evening this week and I'd really like to share this product as it is now a definite must in my bunny first aid kit and although familiar with F10 I'd never heard of this particular product before.

F10 Wound Spray with insectacide

http://www.f10products.co.uk/F10H257v3/F10H257GWS/files/assets/basic-html/page1.html

I can be used as a preventative, but I think it needs to be re-applied regularly so may not rival product like RearGuard in that respect, but the part I was most impressed with was that it can actually kill the maggots. Because it doesn't kill them instantly they do not get stuck inside the bun if imbedded they actually get drawn out and then die.

Obviously fly strike needs a vet but its nice to know that god forbid it ever happens I can help by spraying bunny with this and letting it do its magic while we are on route to the vet.

Also if your vet doesn't know about it please share with them. :D

that's really interesting, I wouldn't mind getting some of that to keep in case of emergencies. Do you mind me asking what you have in your bunny first aid kit. I'm still a novice bunny owner/slave, and have 2 just over a year old. I'm a bit of a drive away from a vet, so being prepared would be great. Thanks for sharing this ! :wave:

There are some good threads in health some of the stuff in mine is:

Savlon
Bepanthan
Iodine
Cotton Wall Pads
Cotton Buds
Vet Wrap
Corn Plasters
Sterile Dressing
Avipro
Biolapis
Critical Care