• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freaking out! OCD related!

rachylou

Warren Veteran
Ok so I am having a bit of trouble.
I was in the kitchen when I glanced out to the garden and saw a little black and white little bunny, and went out and tried to approach it but it ran next door, I knew that one of our neighbours has a bunny so I went knocking and found the owners. Now I don't know if they vaccinate him or not and I got down on my hands and knees to try and find him, then I helped continue the search with the family then when we found him and I made sure I touched him as exposure and now I am freaking out like crazy, Dan made me go straight up to the bunnies and touch them, have I just sentanced them?

No, you haven't. Well done for touching him and then touching the buns, and well done for helping the little lost one in the first place :thumb:

Awesome, well done for saving him! And nope, as you know your bunnies will be fine :)

Well done, that is an AMAZING thing you did, you have come so so far, I am really impressed!! :D

well done for helping bun ! I'm going to ask what is probably a silly question, but I don't understand the touching and exposure thing:(I'm still a bunny novice so would love to know what it was you did, if you don't mind :?

well done for helping bun ! I'm going to ask what is probably a silly question, but I don't understand the touching and exposure thing:(I'm still a bunny novice so would love to know what it was you did, if you don't mind :?

It's nothing to do with the bunnies, Rach suffers from OCD (mainly related to her bunnies) and it's part of her recovery I think :wave:

I also suffer from ocd. I can sympathise with how you're feeling. Your rabbits will be fine because even if your neighbours rabbits are unvaccinated, yours are. Try to stay strong and block the intrusive thoughts x

Well done :) They will be just fine, don't worry.

When you see that the bunnies are still there in the morning, take a picture. Then whenever you are having a bad OCD day, look at the picture and remember that you touched another bunny and then touched them and they were fine.

OCD devil again...

So the other day I saw a domestic bunny in our garden so went out to try and catch it, but it went next door. I knew one of the neighbours had a bunny so I went and knocked on doors and found the owner. I helped them track him down then I stroked him.
I found out today that he is not vaccinated. Now I am going crazy with worry thinking how I know now that if he gets into our garden again he is a danger and if he does die from vhd its only 2 doors away. :(

See the other thread. The responses on this one will be exactly the same.

That bunny is of no threat to your bunnies, because your rabbits are vaccinated. The VHD vaccine is completely effective. They are not at risk.

Did you take the picture like I suggested on the previous thread? If so, go and look at it and remember, it will help.

Back