• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do about Olly's claws?!

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
So they really need clipping. He has to have this done at the vets. But we are moving house on Saturday. Do i stop off on the way and get them clipped, then take him to the new house? Or is that too much stress for one day? He really hates being picked up and put in his carry box, so if i do it this way he only has one trip instead of two... But if i don't, i'll have to unsettle him shortly after moving, which won't be great either :( what would you do??

difficult one. i think i would possibly wait if they're not extra extra long, and let him settle in your new house, and then go to the vets a week after or so :wave:

Last edited:
I think I would be inclined to wait, unless you feel their length is troubling him. Can you feel how long his dew-claws are? These always worry me as they are not readily visible to us.

Olly's claws grow so much faster than all my other buns, it's so strange! They are very visible now past the fur on his feet :( i do tend to put it off as he hates it so much :( it's the front ones that are worst.

Mimzy is the same. I can't see well enough not to nip the quick so my vet has to help him. He's a handful too as he loses balance and just flails.
I would get it all done at once to minimze trips out but that's just me. Mimzy doesn't travel well anymore so the less often I've got to put him in the car the better. You know Olly best though. :)
Please give him a big cuddle from me and a noserub from Mimzy. :love: I hope your move goes well. xxxx

Back