• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dany is very poorly :( U/d: doing much better

Lucy-Lou

Mama Doe
Barely moving, won't come for treats, won't eat or drink and all curled in in herself looking awful :(

We're at the vets now waiting to be seen, managed to get an emergency app at our normal vets. Any spare vibes really appreciated.

Last edited:
I've finally been able to bring her home, the vet thinks it was a bad case of stasis which has come on very quickly :( She's been given fluids and painkillers/gut stimulant and she's managed to eat a tiny bit :thumb: They think she'll do better coming home for the night and bringing her back in the morning if there's no improvement.

I've put her back in her house outside, was wondering whether to bring her in but think she'll be best in her own home. She's got her heat pad and I'll put some extra blankets in. I'm too worried to sleep now, I'll be going out every hour to check on them!

She is actually moving more now, before she wasn't even moving her head to look at what was going on around her, she looked drugged up :( I was so worried it was something worse than stasis so I'm quite relieved in a way.

Glad she's home and showing signs of improvement. Hope you get some sleep, I know what it's like though, I've slept on the floor in a sleeping bag one night with my bun. Bunnies eh don't we just love them ! Let us know how she goes on x

Thanks, it's draining isn't it, I've just checked on her again and she looks very drowsy, hope this is just the painkillers kicking in.

My best buddy is staying up with me to keep me company :D

She's still really drowsy today :( Is this normal after having painkillers? I'm wondering if she needs to go back to the vets.

I'm really not sure, never had to give painkillers to my 2. Might be worth giving them a ring and ask them ? Hope bun picks up soon, sending lots of vibes :love:

She's still really drowsy today :( Is this normal after having painkillers? I'm wondering if she needs to go back to the vets.

Depends on the painkiller. Metacam doesn't usually cause drowsiness but vetergesic can make buns really sleepy.

If you're worried phone the vet for advice. They might want to see her again.

Hope she feels better soon.

I would definitely ring the vet with a view to taking her back this afternoon. Better to be safe than sorry.

She's been given another round of drugs and she's back home again. She does seem a bit better, pooing more now :D

Back