• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milo and Finn in same carrier?

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
This might sound like a silly question but...

With Milo and Finn going for their check on Friday I only have one pet carrier! I put them in the same one the last time I took them and they were so occupied with what was going on around them they hardly showed any interest in one another!

Do you think it would be safe to do this on Friday? There hasn't been any aggression from them?

What will happen when they get neutered? Will they be kept separate? I don't want them to be too far apart for too long as I'm afraid of their bond totally disappearing!

Yes, as long as there is space for them both to sit comfortably then take them together. The vets may allow them to stay together before and after their neutering but they may not.

I would try to organise another carrier just in case, as you don't want to be stuck if they do fight. Last time you took them had they been separated already or were they together at that point? It also depends on how you're traveling - if I was driving I definitely would want separate carriers as I wouldn't be able to intervene, but if I was on public transport or was a passenger then it would be a good opportunity to give them a shared experience and you could stop and squabbles from becoming serious. You should be able to request cages next door while they're at the vets being neutered, but whether they can see each other will depend on the set up in the back room so you'll need to discuss with your vet.

If they are bonded rabbits they are much better together.
If they don't normally live together I would advise two carriers.

They went together last time and had been separate for a couple of weeks at that point. I will be holding the carrier in the care while my mum or OH drives, depending on who gets away from work first.

I could try them together in it and then if any squabbling starts take a towel in case and separate them if anything does happen? I'm just being selfish really I know, but I could really do with not having ANOTHER carrier. Bunny stuff has taken over the utility room :lol:

Back