• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

SomeBun is Now on a Strict Diet

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Because frankly someBun has become too fat ! He's 2.9kg and he should be no more than 2.7kg. I feel dreadful about it as it is clearly my fault :cry: It's no excuse, but I have become so used to struggling to keep weight on my Rabbits rather than trying to keep it off them.

Awwwww......... he's just very 'efficient' at processing all the wonderful foods you give him :thumb:.

I think he will look better when he gets down to 2.7kg, but it is for his health rather than his looks that I am worried. I am really cross with myself.

I think he will look better when he gets down to 2.7kg, but it is for his health rather than his looks that I am worried. I am really cross with myself.

Don't worry Jane he is in the best hands and young, it won't have made any difference to him yet. I also feel terrible about Mr B but he is slowly losing weight.

he's a growing boy, doing his best to keep his strength up... just a slight miscalculation on how much 'strength' he needs. you'll sort him in no time. :D

He's a very handsome bun. :love:

Spenser's vet thinks he is a bit on the podgy side, so he is also on a diet. :(

He does look somewhat 'comfortable' I am sure a bit of weight loss will do him the world of good. Bless him.

I feel so mean as the others are still eating their breakfast but E has finished his minuscule portion :cry: He is now eating hay and giving me 'the look' :cry:

Oh bless him :love: I'm sure he'll soon lose weight, it's a pity they don't understand why they are on a diet

I'm so confused about weight....

I'm having the same feelings with Finn.

Milo is at a comfortable 1.6kg at the minute which I thought was OK? but Finn is at 1.9kg =(

I'm not sure what they should be any more, I'm just using visual at the minute, Milo looks fine and I'm working on keeping him at that weight. But Finn just seems to be getting bigger. He's on a tiny wee bit of pellet for breakfast, hay all day and a tiny big of veg in the evening. I know they are still growing but I'm just not sure what they SHOULD be...

I'm struggling to know what to do really...

Last edited:
When you type in ''mini lop weight'' in google this comes up

''The Mini Lop rabbit is classified as a medium sized rabbit. Senior Bucks and Does must be six months of age and older and weigh no more than 6.5 pounds (3 kg). Ideal weight is 5.5 pounds (2.5 kg).''

Is this accurate does anyone know? As I said Milo is 1.6kg and Finn is 1.9kg

I'm struggling to know what to believe, some have told me not more than 1.6kg for them and the vet said Finn did look overweight. But according to the above they can go up to 2.5kg?

IDK :lol:

When you type in ''mini lop weight'' in google this comes up

''The Mini Lop rabbit is classified as a medium sized rabbit. Senior Bucks and Does must be six months of age and older and weigh no more than 6.5 pounds (3 kg). Ideal weight is 5.5 pounds (2.5 kg).''

Is this accurate does anyone know? As I said Milo is 1.6kg and Finn is 1.9kg

I'm struggling to know what to believe, some have told me not more than 1.6kg for them and the vet said Finn did look overweight. But according to the above they can go up to 2.5kg?

IDK :lol:
I think the term mini lop is applied differently in the us to the uk, so that may be causing your confusion. Coco is a mini lop and is about 1.1kg. But she is very mini (not skinny just petite).

I think the term mini lop is applied differently in the us to the uk, so that may be causing your confusion. Coco is a mini lop and is about 1.1kg. But she is very mini (not skinny just petite).

Hmm, I don't know, they boys are only 5 and a half months so they still have growing to do...As I said I have no idea what they should be, can't seem to get a definite answer.

I feel so mean as the others are still eating their breakfast but E has finished his minuscule portion :cry: He is now eating hay and giving me 'the look' :cry:

Oh Jane you're not mean!! And he's only 0.2kg overweight, a little restriction of food and some more exercise and he'll be back on track.

I'm sure you've said before that greediness is a particular trait of rexes? Norty Endeavour.

More exploring, less potting!!;)

I still love him.

xx

Back