• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new turf for rabbits

mabels mum

Warren Scout
I layed some turf today in some large gravel trays for the buns to munch on when they're out on the patio. I know I need to water it in lots but how long should I leave it until I can let the buns at it? They're not usually diggers but am hoping it will last them a while. Do you think I need to leave it days or a few weeks? Thanks.

No idea, I think it's a week+.. but I'm not sure, that might be grass seed :lol: We are picking turf up at the weekend to fill the middle patch of my pairs run but I fully expect them to devour the grass and make a mess asap :D :lol:

Thanks, I'll give it about a week then I think. It'll take a few watering cans full of water in this weather.

I'd leave it a good few days for the grass to get hold otherwise the rabbits will kill it if they're let at it too soon. The rabbits could go on the new turf straightaway, but they'll kill it as it's newly laid and hasn't had time to get established.

Back