• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice please: Bunny biting my sneakers (trainers)

BlancoBunBun

Young Bun
Whenever I am outside with my bunny giving him some play time in the yard, he follows me around and bites on my sneakers. I have tried clapping, shrieking loudly, and stomping but nothing seems to be helping. I've tried wearing different shoes outside and he's started to do the same thing. Any other advice to try to get him to stop biting my shoes while I am wearing them?
Thank you so much!

Also NEVER shout at your rabbit....Rabbits are very easily frightened creatures and shouting at them will not help! It sounds, as said above, that this is hormonal and your rabbit needs to be neutered!

Also NEVER shout at your rabbit....Rabbits are very easily frightened creatures and shouting at them will not help! It sounds, as said above, that this is hormonal and your rabbit needs to be neutered!

I didn't shout at him, I let out a shriek sound. I read somewhere that doing that might help - like a high pitched "Eeeeeee!!"
But, it didn't.
It doesn't seem to phase him. He just keeps on chewing away!

Shoes are just delicious. The rubbery bits on sneakers are irresistible. Leather is also tasty - expensive leather is very tasty.

Take your shoes off?

Shoes are just delicious. The rubbery bits on sneakers are irresistible. Leather is also tasty - expensive leather is very tasty.

Take your shoes off?

:lol::lol: ouchie .......bunny teeth sunk into pinkies :shock:.

Not really sure what to suggest. I would have thought hormonal too but if he's been neutered then it's not that. I would think it's become a learned behaviour now, a bit like how mine come running if they think I've got the treat tub in my hand :lol:. Can you try giving him an old soft toy to, ahem, 'attack' as you step into the yard? I can only think of distraction techniques unfortunately.

Socks. Socks don't seem interesting (unless you wash them with coriander scented fabric conditioner, I guess).

Socks. Socks don't seem interesting (unless you wash them with coriander scented fabric conditioner, I guess).

Actually, you may have made a good point! Why not spray your feet with one of those puppy anti-chew sprays that taste vile? Let bunny have a little nibble and hopefully he'll realise they taste yuck and leave alone in the future.

Hoppity loves shoes and trousers, ate 2 perfect squares out of my husband's trousers when he fell asleep sitting in the back garden! :D No change since she was dressed in June so I just wear cheapie shoes when out with her and roll my trousers up. Not a great look but Hoppity's not too bothered by high fashion. ;)

Actually, you may have made a good point! Why not spray your feet with one of those puppy anti-chew sprays that taste vile? Let bunny have a little nibble and hopefully he'll realise they taste yuck and leave alone in the future.

Thank you! I am going to try this!

Back