• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny boarding

little-laura

Wise Old Thumper
Hi guys

I dropped he bunnies off at the boarders and I am not happy!

I ordered the biggest set up they do with a pen attached they call it extra luxury

I arrived to find out they down graded to delux which is two bellow it

The extra luxury set up broke but instead of phoning me she just let me turn up and find out

She left two 16-19 year olds in charge for the drop off and wasn't even there...

The bunnies are well cared for you can see that but this service is terrible....

It really upset me because it's much smaller than the space they are use to and I choose this boarder because they could give them a lot of space

It meets the min requirement but I'm upset to have had to leave them...

I'm so angry but she isn't answering her phone

I go away 7am tomorrow morning and so don't have the time to find another boarder

I couldn't find one that have this much space in nottingham anyway

I'm on the bus back feeling really upset

My emotions are all over the place already due to getting the last box into our new house at 2am Sunday and getting up 6am Monday to be there for the house inspection of the old house and I have started the pgd ivf drugs today

We come back Monday I pick the buns up Tuesday

I need a reliable bunny boarder for if I go I to hospital for holidays ect...

I'm willing to travel further if it means they have what they need

I will be doing this event I'm part of the staff for aug next year too I will usually drop them off the day before we go so I have room to travel they are 40mins away and two buss rides for this boarders

If anyone knows boarders or are a boarder can you please give me some information/ link to site I need info on the set up sizes
Ect....

I want to cry

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry - that's terrible service!

I personally would be putting a complaint in, firstly for the size downgrade and secondly for her not being there - I make sure I'm always around to welcome clients and in past have given free nights boarding just to ensure I'm around for when people want to drop off (not their fault if I'm at work or out and can't pop home etc) as with boarding really you are paying mostly for the person (obviously accommodation comes into it too) so I would expect them to be available for pick up and drop offs so you can talk to them and they can make sure the buns settle in well.

I can't help you as miles away but I do hope you find another boarder to put your mind at rest for the future

Last edited:
I have always used Holiday hutches in Barnsley which is a bit of a drive but the best I could find. I believe it has closed now though and I haven't used it for a few years.

If you get any good recommendations let me know as we are looking for somewhere. At the minute my neighbour will nip round and feed Strawberry for us but as he gets older and less healthy we would like the option of an experienced boarder.

Her own employees were t happy they said she does it a lot. Someone who used the service too said she doesn't care about mucking you about apparently she has said because she does the biggest and best accommodation around people can't just go else where if they want the sizes she does .....

There were a few problems last year when I boarded them with her ie the accommodation wasnt ready so they had to stay in a temporary pen for a few hours but when I came to collect them they were enjoying the lovely huge set up I paid for

It's hard to get in contact with her and she kept loosing my booking then finding it but never anything this bad :(

Now I need to find else where

I've used Bunny Hall, think it's in Ruddington, they were brill, not the cheapest but they have vet students on hand and the lady who owns it is VERY knowledgable. I guess you already tried there though cos I would imagine it comes up on any search. Hope you get your mind put at rest soon though, it's awful when you're not happy leaving your buns :(

It was bunny hall that did this

Blimey that's surprised me, I didn't think she had it in her, she was all about the bunnies when I used her. It was only once though so maybe she was trying to impress.

White Post Farm do boarding too, no idea on hutch sizes but friend of a friend has used them a few times, her bunnies have been the only ones in and they get the run of the boarding shed then.

Hope you get sorted one way or another soon :( x

What a shame :(
I'm probably a little far out for you (Solihull). Our smallest accommodation is 7ft by 2ft by 2ft going up to a playhouse with attached run. All our guests become part of the family and treated and spoilt like my own bunnies. I am also insured and a RWAF member :)
Claire x

What a shame :(
I'm probably a little far out for you (Solihull). Our smallest accommodation is 7ft by 2ft by 2ft going up to a playhouse with attached run. All our guests become part of the family and treated and spoilt like my own bunnies. I am also insured and a RWAF member :)
Claire x

you sound amazing but sadly too far away

resurrecting this thread as i still need a good boarders

ill use bunny hall when i have to but would like to find one i can be more confident in

resurrecting this thread as i still need a good boarders
I'm going to be jumping on your thread too: I'll probably need boarders for May. I am willing to travel to Solihull though: it's just over an hour away and I can condition the bunnies to manage that trip.

Stonebridge city farm in St Ann's do rabbit boarding. I've never used them but I have seen it advertised, either when I went there or on their website.

I use a lady in lambley, white stables. She is excellent for cats (I have 2) and offers bunny boarding as a side project. I don't know what she boards them in and actually I haven't asked (which makes me sound like an awful bunny mum) but I know they are well cared for and fed well so I can deal with the staying in a small pen when I go away (I don't go away often anyway, only once a year at the most) as she is very good with animals. She only has a few bunnies in at one time so can give them more care (between the cat care, she is always full for cats!!) so in my opinion the care outweighs the accommodation space.

Another option is a pet sitter to come to your house, I don't really like this idea though, though if your bunnies are outdoors the sitter wouldn't need to come indoors.

Back