• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is cuprinol the only safe hutch paint?

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Hello,

I've had a bunny in with ec so bleaching everything and paining, is cuprinol the only safe wood treatment still or are there anymore?

Wilko Garden Colour used to say safe for pets, I don't know if that still applies and I don't know how safe that truly means it is, but I've used it and none of mine have died, despite the odd nibble here and there

Wilko Garden Colour used to say safe for pets, I don't know if that still applies and I don't know how safe that truly means it is, but I've used it and none of mine have died, despite the odd nibble here and there

We used Wilkinson own brand last summer, so should be ok unless they've changed the contents.

Most brands have a contact number on the tin so if you've got a preference you can check directly with them. I've heard people say the wilko own brand isn't as easy to apply.

If it's on the outside where they can't chew most things are fine once dry. Inside you could go for bare wood walls and safety flooring (for a wipe clean finish).

It's already painted, so I need to cover the paint I already put on which is cupinol, but wasn't sure if things had changed and there was more brands, maybe I should just stick to cuprinol. Thanks everybody for your help Xxxx

It's already painted, so I need to cover the paint I already put on which is cupinol, but wasn't sure if things had changed and there was more brands, maybe I should just stick to cuprinol. Thanks everybody for your help Xxxx

I would stick with Cuprinol - much better quality than some of the cheaper brands.

Back