• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet NATASHA ROMANOV HAMSTER

Mattie_G

Mama Doe
I didn't name her!!

We adopted her last night from a Gumtree seller. She is a Syrian hammie of unknown age who was bought by her ex owners through Gumtree :'(. My son had wanted a hammie and is so far being a fantastic owner, even going so far as to wake me at six to tell me we need to go get her toys and fresh bedding. Of course, I will supervise her care.

Healthwise, Natasha is bright eyed and clean but she is thin for a Syrian. I have warned my son we don't know her history and we are going to give her the best life poss but it may be short :'(.

The lady also has a bun she is trying to rehome. She got a greyhound whonis trying to kill it. I gave her my number and said if she can't home bunny quickly, to contact me but I can't really take on another bun. I would on an emergency basis though.
ebaqutyp.jpg

V kind of you.

I hope you don't mind me saying, but the fluffy bedding is really dangerous and needs to go. I'd also recommend getting a larger cage (Syrians need 80x50cm min with a 9 inch min wheel) :) check out the Hamster Central forum for plenty of info.

I hope you and your son enjoy her :)

Thanks Jesselle and Ziggy.

The fluffy bedding is temporary. We got her at 8 last night and no pet shops open. I am getting her proper bedding today and new toys plus a few hammocks etc. The cage is actually long and high and meets the size requirement. I would not have chosen it myself but I don't want to change everything the day after getting her as that could be fatal for her.

Thanks Jesselle and Ziggy.

The fluffy bedding is temporary. We got her at 8 last night and no pet shops open. I am getting her proper bedding today and new toys plus a few hammocks etc. The cage is actually long and high and meets the size requirement. I would not have chosen it myself but I don't want to change everything the day after getting her as that could be fatal for her.

:) I understand. Changing things too fast will stress her out.

Thanks! She is very sweet considering no attention from previous owners and is happy to be stroked. Eth is going to shop soon to get her some decent bedding and toys.

Ha ha yes. She has just been presented with a new wooden house with hidey hole and a ball/wheel which is broken and needs replacing doh! I have also ordered her a hammock and some shelving :-D. She is a darling. No probs with handling.

Back